5 replies to this topic

#1 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Well I was out geocaching in a remote area of the foothills and I hear some howling and I think hmmm a hunter in out here calling for dogs, and I look to the west and see a siloette and it was a coyote howling, i thought i seen smaller coyotes up on the rock but it was getting dark fast, do the coyotes have pups old enough to walk this time of year?Attached File  IMG_0613.JPG   90.29KB   19 downloads

#2 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Last winter my son Wes and I went coyote calling and we were having a slow day. We headed for home in the early afternoon and Wes wanted to go check out a geocach that was only about 5 miles out of our way.We found the geocach and then I remembered a small area that we could shotgun call on our way home.Posted ImageWe had two coyotes run right in on us within just a few minutes after I started up my Foxpro.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Pretty cool. Might of been last years pups.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Family, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Every wonder if your caches get disturbed by predators just checking the area?

#5 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Funny you say that, becouse i have geocache's up in the mountains and had people contact me and say it looks like a bear had tried to eat my cache. Im sure the bear probably just smelled the human scent on the cache and figured what the hell there could be food in side....

#6 MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Family, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

I am curious about that, What if your Human smell rubbs off enough to spark interest by an animal? Heck if i was a predator i would definately check it out for the possibility of a free meal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users