• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Planning a range trip this afternoon, and I want to take three rifles. And then maybe a pistol or two. But then start thinking about carrying all that and ammo, etc.WHew -Any of you use little shooting carts? Any plans you can share?

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

When I shoot Ruger Rimfire competition it requires a handgun and a rifle. So I copied what a lot of the folks are doing that also shoot 3 gun competirion. Go buy a use baby stoller, the jogging type. and modify it a bit. i got mine for $30 off Craingslist and spent an additional $30 for the rilfe holders. Her is what I use. I din't put it on fo the picture, b ut there is pleanty of room for a small ice chest on the platofrm on th rfront and the is an area under where you can toss mis stuff. Some folks have rigges up a pation umbrel for those hot days. I'm going to do tht for this summer.Posted ImageThe black range bag just sits where the kid normall sits and carries the hand gun or handguns, all your ammo a cleanin kit, a tool box, etc.So her is the second pic to give just a bit of a different view. As you an see, the cart has balloon tires so give you equipment a nice soft ride. Be happy to answer any questions you may have. This works great and doesn't cost much.Posted Image

#3 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I used a golf bag cart with a milk crate bungie'd to the bottom. Load the ammo first then the pistol cases and finally use the golf cart bag straps to secure your rifles or shotguns. Worked great till my neighbor wanted his cart back. I've seen them for less than $25 at WalMart.

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Very, very creative. I love seeing people think outside the box.

#5 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

That's a great idea, Braz. And it has the benefit of having a brake so it won't roll away. Plus, it's collapsable for easy storage in the car.

#6 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Here you go: http://www.everydayn...l baby stroller The Google links include some sites with DIY info.And then there is THIS: Dad Peddled Drugs, Guns Out of Baby Stroller :aggressive:

#7 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Nice - now just need to see one with a full pivoing mount for emergencies!

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Heres one I made for Cowboy action shooting, But it also works well on camping trips, and trap shoots.Posted ImagePosted ImageThis is the conection to the wagon. Its easily removable.connection inside the wagonPosted Imagethis locks it to the axle.Posted ImageTheres room for 5 long guns, and couple of range bags in the front, or a med sized icechest. DR

#9 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Nice setup dangerranger - but if I got a wagon like that my kids would shoot ME for hogging it like that!

#10 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Really like the stroller idea. very close to what I was thining about anyway. Will probably try to find one and use it for the, and then do somthing like dangerranger with it.

#11 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Nice setup dangerranger - but if I got a wagon like that my kids would shoot ME for hogging it like that!

Thats the best part! three little turn bolts and the grandkids have their wagon back. DR

#12 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Nice - didn't pick up on that!

#13 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Sorry for highjacking but I gotta know......which receiver sight are you using on that 10-22 Braz?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users