#1 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

My wifes boss calls me up on monday at 8 in the morning and tells me to meet him at the gun store at 215... Totally out of the blue.... wierd!So i go through the day wondering why my wifes BOSS would call and want to meet up at a gun store. Wife has no clue why either! So i show up at the gun store liked he asked and he hands me this and saysSarah says you like to hunt.... My dad shot this in the 70's, hasnt been touched since. Enjoy! hands me the shotgun, gets in his convertable and drives off.umm..... what just happened!I get home tear it apart and see this!Attached File  IMAG0250.jpg   26.49KB   7 downloadsno problems! Just DIRTY! It cleaned right up (well almost 2 hours later) into a BEAUTIFUL classic!Attached File  IMAG0251.jpg   18.02KB   8 downloadsNot the greatest pic but it is NICE!!

#2 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

You will love it. I just put back together my father's old 1200 a month ago. His had been missing the disconnector/bolt stop for the last 12 years. It now works great. Took it out the end of March, and it is very quick pointing. There is also an abundance of parts for it if you need them. The 1200, 1300, and some of the 1400 (auto, which I have also) will fit it. The 1400 is my second favorite, only because of my vintage Remmy 1100. It shoots extremely soft on the shoulder. Good luck with yours and be sure and let us know how it works.

#3 Lonehowl

Lonehowl

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have that same shotgun. Great shooter...wish it had a rib on top of barrel, but I love mine.Mark

#4 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

I've got the same gun. My parents bought it for me at Christmas in 1974. I have never had any problems with that shotgun and it fits and handles perfect.
Watching the government rape the 4th to pillage the 2nd.

#5 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

My Dad bought one of those for my 8th grade graduation in 64'. It sold new back then for $99. Great old shotgun but I wish it had a rib.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#6 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

I had the same gun years ago, but I gave it to a friend because he didn't have a gun,and I let him use mine, he liked it, so I gave it to him.I wish I still had some of the guns that i used to have.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users