• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

With the NRA show in town (St. Louis) our LGS put a bunch of guns on sale so I picked up another one I didn't need. They had these for $220 with the 5.5" barrel regular $280. I had a Mark II 5.5. back in the 80s but have not owned one of these type Rugers since and bought an SR22 a while back that I really like a lot. I thought about putting a cheap red dot sight on it for $30.What ammo do these like?

#2 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

It is a fun little gun the ammo (Best value for you buck) is the 550 federal value pack from walmart, I also use the cci mini mags, I have used the winchester bulk ammo no luck with that stuff I had alot of FTF and whatever you do stay AWAY from the remington ammo they FTF almost every 3rd or 4th shot atleast in the gun I have the Mark iii 22/45 with a 4" barrel. Have fun with your new toy.... :sport037fn4:

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

If you're anything like my family, you will never leave home without it. We got the exact same one for my dad a couple years back. I shot it on the weekend and ordered the 4" bull barreled one myself on Monday. Both of ours like just about everything. Mine had a little bit of a feeding problem at times until I learned the trick about filing the magazine "fingers", and it is as reliable as the sun coming up now. If you think you may have a problem at all, let me know and I can find the write-up again for you. Hope you have a blast with it.Almost forgot, I had one of those L A R G E $30 red dots on mine for a spell also. It shoots really well, but is very bulky, and won't holster if it is a field gun. Mine came off, like all my pistol scopes have, but if you really want one on there I would go with the much smaller Burris Fast Fire or something similar. There's a thread on here somewhere about one of those style on a Glock if you look it up. Good luck.

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I came across this again today and thought I would post it anyway, whether you may need it or not. I was telling the other Bob (true2thyself on here) about it, so as I sent it to him I figured it would be just as easy to put it on here. Anyway, it works, if you're having problems (I did). If you are mechanically inclined at all, reading how and why it works makes perfect sense. No wonder it worked for me so well. Good luck, and happy shooting.Xavier Thoughts: The MKII Magazine Tweak

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Cool thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users