Photo

1/3 of the way there. ...Franklin...what?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Got a complete upper from JDMachines a week or two ago from a local gun shop, 24" bull barrel, complete bolt/charging hammer. I called a local gun shop today and the recomend a Complete "Franklin lower" that is CA legal. out the door it'd cost about 385. Has anyone had any experiance with Franklin??? As far as optics I'm probably going with the sightmark SM13017MDD. And a better set of rings then the scope comes with. From what I'm getting out of my little brain it's a lot better the a walmart 80 to 100 powere scope for $25.99 (slight overexaderation) but not as good as the mark4 luepold. Wish me luck with this, I might go buy the lower today while the wife si at work

#2 Tuolumne85

Tuolumne85

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

385 seems kinda spendy considering you can get a lower at right around 100 and the parts kit is 85 then you buy whatever stock you wants instead just the one it comes with which you'll likely change anyways. Building a lower only takes 30 min the first time you do it and 15 the next time. I watched a video on YouTube put out by brownells and was done in less time than it took to drink two beers, not to mention it gives you an intimate working knowledge of your gun but that's just my opinion

#3 Tuolumne85

Tuolumne85

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Check out www.riflegear.com they have everything you need and you can compare prices

#4 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

I have a Franklin lower on my rifle, and have no complaints. My stripped lower was $140. Good luck

#5 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

thankyou all for the comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users