2 replies to this topic

#1 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I just got These and here is my first review..I bought these after researching the three top makers...Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss. I had the opportunity to see the Leicas and the Zeiss binos side by side...I have used Leicas in the past and they are top notch in quality as well..I have also used a friends Swarovski, non rangefinding binos...again top quality, I was unable to check out the Swarovski RF binos. I really wanted the big 56 mm objective lenses...that limited me to the Leicas and the Zeiss binos.I found a great deal on the Zeiss binos and pulled he trigger...list price is 3200...these things are pricey.When the brown UPS van came I was stoked! I opened the box and was very impressed with what I foundOverall quality is top notch. Optics are bright and clear...very bright...the 56 mm objective allow plenty of light through to your eyes.The eyepieces are four position adjustable....The center focus adjuster is positive.The laser rangefinder readout is bright in the left viewfinder of the binocs..a very simple affair..put the armed dot on the object you want the range to and press the button on the top of the right side of the binos..voila' instant range..I ranged a pine tree at 1580 yards...I have ranged a variety of things from 10-1600 yards. The specs say these only go to 1300 yards...The binocs range in yards or meters and there is a ballistic program that will advise on hold over heights.I am very impressed with these...they are rugged and robust...albeit heavy at about 3 pounds.They are very pricey but are of top notch quality and I am sure will provide a lifetime of quality optics!I have yet to range any coyotes but will go soon!

#2 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Great report. I've been eyeing the Leica for quite sometimes now and the only thing that keeps me from buying one besides the price of course, is the weight. I'm trying to lighten up my hunting gear. I'm currently using the 7X42 SLC for hunting. The thing weighs like a ton after a few hours in the field. I'm also currently using the Swaro Laser Guide. I like it for it's portability and the ability to range as far as 2000 yards. It will be nice if they can built a combo in a lightweight package.

#3 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I used these last weekend for 600+ steel shooting last weekend...was aable to range a car at 1800+ yards...the optics are freaking amazing...very clear and bright...zero eye fatigue while spotting for other shooters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users