• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Here's the picture from the firing line to the target bank at 1,000 yards. We had a gorgeous day out at Cuyama with 4, F class (scope and bipod) shooters and 3 sling shooters. Two of the F class shooters were shooting their first match, one with a 6BR and the other with a 308.Conditions were great early in the morning with 5 mph winds either from our back or right to left. You had to watch that little shift though as it would screw with your windage and elevation at the same time. I shot the 6.5x284 and in the first relay shot a 192 - 6X (eight 9s) most of the 9s were to the right and high when the wind shifted behind us. The second relay saw a little stronger breezes, still pretty mild just not stable. The breezes shifted 180 degrees and blew from left to right or absolutely dead still. It was just enough wind so that if it died during your shot it would leave you about 10 inches to the left of the bull.I picked up three 8s during the second relay (the edge of the 8 ring is 10" from the center of the X ring on the F class target) and wound up with a 187 with 5Xs, (aggregate 379 with 11Xs)With conditions like these this would have been the perfect match for a new shooter. There won't be a match in May as it's the club's annual workday but June will be another 2 by 20 round 1,000 yard match.Posted Image
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#2 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun Frank. I missed the first two of our bi-monthly match at the Desert Marksman in Palmdale already. I've been trying to finish the project I have for the wifey so that I won't miss the next one on May 7th.There's two brother over there that dominate the 308 class with their 260 Remington Sako. Me and Frank, not you of course, is trying to get our pair of 6.5-47 Lapua ready for that match.Let me know if you want to go and I'll get you registered.By the way, You can bring your Magnum if you want but understand you'll be shooting with the big boys with their 338 Lapuas and 50 Cal.Me and my 308. It's 1K at the foot of the hillPosted ImagePosted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#3 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

I was thinking of trying their course last match but it's over 100 miles from here. I'd shoot it with the 6.5x284 or the 243 if it was a light wind day. I haven't got a load worked up for the 260 (AR10) yet but I don't know how a gas gun would do in competition yet.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#4 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Your 260 will do good there as long as the wind remain calm. You have to shoot in the morning though, which kind of tough to be in since most of the shooter fight for that spot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users