#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have been reloading quite a few rifle shells lately so since I am burnt out on rifle reloading I decided to reload some 12 ga target loads today. I actually have fun reloading shotgun shells.I have a bunch of Downrange DR-XXL wads I want to use up so today I reloaded 22 boxes of 7/8 oz of 8s in Fiocchi target hulls.Posted ImageI have never reloaded Fiocchi hulls before so I had to make a few small adjustments to my Mec Grabber to get the crimps right.Posted ImageIn the bottom, center, of the above picture are the shells I reloaded today. I will probably reload another 6 to 8 flats of target loads before the middle of May. It is just too hot to be in that little building during the summer months.I am pretty sure I have enough target loads and components to reload target shells to last me the rest of my lifetime. Instead of putting all of my savings money into a 401K retirement plan I put quite a bit of it into ammunition and reloading components. :crazy: The way lead, brass and lead free components and ammunition has gone up in price my Redneck Retirement Plan maybe worth more money than my 401K is when I retire. :signtripledogdare2wf:
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#2 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think you're on to something, regarding the retirement plan.I might just cash in all my investments & pension to buy components, I might have a hard time explaining it to my wife though.On second thought I'll let you go first, just to see how it goes...Lee

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

It is so simple and addicting it's not even funny. I still use the Winchester AA hulls for the bulk of my mild loading, but I use the Chedite hulls for the faster or heavier stuff. But like the Chedite hulls, the Fiocchi hulls also load the higher speeds and heavier weights, but at much lower pressures than the the AA's. And I like that, and so does my shotgun :eck05: .

#4 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Most of my reloading for target loads are with Win AAs, Rem STSs and Nitros. I have a bunch of Fiocchi Crusher 1 oz loads and a bunch of Federal Gold Medal empties that I plan on using up those DR-XXL wads on. The DR-XXL wads are for straight wall hulls.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users