#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Put a couple new rifles together today and went and shot them. Savage Model 11 in .223, and Remington 700 in .308. Pretty happy with both of them. They both shot under a inch at 100 yards out of the box with bought reloads. Did not have time to do a bunch of shooting. Will try to get out and shoot a little longer range with the 700 after I get some shells reloaded for it. I think it will shoot real good. Just posted one of its targets. I was not shooting good today. Some days I just don't. Table was too low for me or chair was too tall for me. I know excuses excuses some days I just do not shoot that good. Shot a couple Tannerite exploding rifle targets. Going to have to get some more of them. The kids will love them.Here is the pictures.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#2 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Good pictures, nice looking rifles and good shooting :roflmao3[1]: Looks like it was a fun day too.

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, I like your VSF in particular. And that's a nice Leupold Mark IV, too. LR/T must have set you back some.

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

That scope cost $1200.00. I have been wanting to try that particular scope with the M1 turrets for a while. It is a very nice scope so far is my opinion of it. Very clear and seems to track real well. I may buy another one just like it after I shoot this one for a while to see if I really like it. I want one to put on another rifle that I have that has been breaking scopes. The guy I bought this one from said he did not think it would hold up for very long on the rifle I have that is breaking scopes. Said he went through the same thing and none of them will hold up very long. I don't know what I am going to do about that one yet. I am thinking get this Leupold for it and send it in when it breaks.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,785 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Where was that you weer shooting Bennie. Looks great.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I was shooting on a good friends property right behind his house. He has 160 acres up there and we shoot up there all the time. It is beautiful up there this time of year. Fire danger time will be here pretty soon though, so it will be back to the range. The lady was a new rifle shooter and I wanted to get some time with her shooting with out a bunch of people around. New shooters seem to shoot a lot better if they do not have to worry about impressing any one. She did very well shooting the .308. She shot a couple groups that I was real happy with and she had a great time. I will post some of her groups after I find a load this rifle really likes. Should be under moa.

#7 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

I try that same "bench" set up at times too, but I can never seem to find the right chair/table height combo, and it seems no matter what I do the dang table always seems to move around on me too. Hope you have better luck. Beautiful rifle, and way to go on teaching a new shooter :good:You must be reading my mind also, because as I was reading your first post I was wondering what ever happened with that custom rifle you were having problems with.

#8 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

You are right about the custom rifle and me wanting to put this same scope on it. A friend of mine that sold me the scope said he thinks it will last 300 to 400 shots on that rifle, which is a lot of hunting. That is all I wanted that light weight rifle for any ways. Said he went through the same thing. He said he thought a Mil Spec Nightforce would last a little longer. But they do not warranty them for life and they are a lot heavier than the leupold. So it is back to saving money for me. I would have tried this scope on that rifle, but I promised it to her and have to keep my word. Some times I have to put other people first in my life. This is her first rifle. I tried to trade her out of it already for a 6mm I just bought. She said no deal. But she may change her mind after I get it up and shooting great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users