• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

Well... I've gone and done it again. I traded the .25 Marauder rifle that I had in the Classifieds for a basically brand new .22 Marauder Pistol with (3) clips, (5) tins of assorted pellets and a couple other small items.All I can say about the P-Rod is... WOW! Very light! I shot it over the Chrony starting at 2500 PSI and shot 24 shots starting at 613 FPS, peaking at 644 FPS and ending on the 24th shot at 610 FPS with an ending PSI of 1600. That is a 5% drop from the peak FPS to the low FPS. I'm going to try and tune it for a little higher peak, perhaps around 660 and want to have only a 4% or less drop in FPS from the peak which would put the low around 634 or so. I would feel good with an extreme spread of 25.Anyway, that about does it for me on getting any new air rifles or otherwise for a while. My wife was hoping I would sell the .25, but I couldn't pass up this deal. I've been wanting one for a while and the trade worked out perfectly. The guy even drove here from Las Vegas on his way to Long Beach to check out my .25, chat and transact the trade. A super nice guy too. I hope he enjoys the .25 as much as I'm going to enjoy this P-Rod.Once I get a chance to test it for accuracy I'll post a photo of the groups at around 20 yards or so. :crazy:

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Congratulations. I really am enjoying my P-Rod. What pellets were you shooting? I have put over 350 pellets through mine already and have achieved some amazing groups at 30 and 50 yards from a Stoney point shooting bag and grip rest on a bench rest.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

I was shooting the H & N Field Target Trophy 14.66 grain pellets. I took the leapers 4-16x40AO scope off of my Sumatra last night and zeroed in on the P-Rod at 12 yards which puts the second zero location at 30 yards. Once I got it zeroed in almost every pellet was right on a 1/4" dot at 12 yards. Sometime this coming week I'll get into the backyard and shoot it at 20 yards and see what kind of accuracy I get. If it stays accurate at 30 to 50 yards for me I'll definitely take it out to hunt a few times. :sport037fn4:

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Here is a peek through the Hawke Panorama at 30 yards on 12x. Click to enlarge.BTW - I found out my default HTC 3D phone camera needed some default settings changed and now it takes beautiful pictures.Posted Image Posted Image

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users