4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Being stuck at home having to keep my foot up, I decided to do some work on a leaky air rifle I have today. It was leaking out co2 from the muzzle whenever I filled it. I thought there might be a chunk of metal stuck in the valve or something, so I took it apart today.When I got it disassembled I noticed that the O-ring on the valve body and the o-ring on the barrel where it connects to the breech. I replaced the o-rings with o-rings from a $8 set of 150 metric o-rings from auto-zone and it seems to be holding for now.

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Sometimes, actually many times it ends up being the O-Rings on the Valve or the Gauge Port. A simple fix, but time consuming. Glad to hear it seems like you've got the leak fixed.

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

While being injured sucks, it sure is a great time to get all the "broken" guns fixed, like you're doing. That always seems to be the best time to order (or make) parts, or do any stock work like recoil pads or shortening. And lets not forget about cleaning, a chore I always seem to put off. Anyway, hope it works, and hope the foot gets better quick. You can still shoot it with one foot in the air can't you? :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#4 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

I would be able to shoot just fine if I could drive... I got in trouble once here in Stockton for shooting an airgun in city limits. My doctor said no driving and my wife is forcing me to stick to that so I am trapped at home.

#5 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Did some more work today on another pellet gun. A crosman 150 that I bought 2 years ago for $35 off craigslist. I had been meaning to reseal but didn't want to buy a kit. It turns out that that auto zone metric o-ring kit had o-rings close enough in size to work! I did a trigger job on it too, polishing the sear. It is one of the older 150s with the dual power settings, and a target crown barrel. Not a powerhouse but it will get 50-60 shots per cylinder shooting on low power and will stack pellets at 5 yards, shooting around an estimated 250 fps.Also got a scope mounted on my cometa fenix 400 .177 and on the previously mentioned ar2078.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users