10 replies to this topic

#1 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Went and bought a new deer rifle on the 19th. I chose a Tikka T-3 lite in 270 wsm its an Elk foundation tribute rifle.Gonna buy a pikatanny rail from EGW for it with some Warne rings and buy brand new scope when I get my bonus in May till then its got my old elite 3200 3-10 on it. Ran 6 rounds through it today but not on paper it was raining to hard for sighting in it was pretty close though I could hit a bowling ball sized rock @ 100 yds with it.Hopefully weather permitting I'll get to site it in Friday.Got a bit of a kick but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be being a real light short mag.Here's a picture of my new deer slayer.....Posted Image

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Nice rifle it shouldn't kick more than a 7 mm mag.

#3 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Nice - Have really debated a 270WSM.

#4 socalbry

socalbry

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

I love my .270WSM! Everything I've shot (pig,deer,antelope)required no tracking! Dropped dead where it stood. I have a co-worker in Colorado who hunts elk with a .270WSM and has no issues...Just my 2 cents..

#5 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Nice rifle it shouldn't kick more than a 7 mm mag.

Nope I shot it in the rain today after i bore sighted it, I could actually hit a bowling sized rock @ 100 yds with it. Kicked maybe like an .06not much harder if any than that. I put 6 rnds down range no problems.

#6 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

I love my .270WSM! Everything I've shot (pig,deer,antelope)required no tracking! Dropped dead where it stood. I have a co-worker in Colorado who hunts elk with a .270WSM and has no issues...Just my 2 cents..

Relative of mine went to Colorado on a Elk hunt. He shot a nice bull@ 568 yd with a 150 Berger hand load and it dropped right there. Of course he built the gun off a Tikka action he's a machinist/fabricator with all the equiptment to do that stuff.BgBambo just won a 600 yd match @ Tehama gun club last weekend with a Rifle Jason built off a Tikka action,so I was sold on it right out the gateAlso because he used new Tikka rifles and pulled the factory barrels off and put match barrels on em I have access to at least 4 270 wsm take off barrels for cheap.

#7 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Theres the new toy you told me about, good lookin rifle Frank.Hope its a shooter.Lee

#8 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Should be a real shooter. :roflmao3[1]:

#9 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

that looks like a dandy. That caliber hits hard.Now you got to work up a load.

#10 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Nice rifle. The .270 wsm is my favorite medium game cartridge. Why do you want to put a rail on the gun?

#11 NaCladdict

NaCladdict

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

I have the same rifle in .270 w not wsm with a black stock. Real sharp kick. Limbsaver really helped that. Super accurate with Leupold scope and rings. Groups well with various types of ammo, haven't run any copper through it yet, curious to see how that goes. Paid $350 for it, former owner put one box through it at the range and went for a smaller caliber. Originally I wanted a .270 wsm but the price was too sweet to refuse.Nice buy and happy hunting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users