7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

I got the rest of my gear together last night found some bullets and went at it.I loaded some 225 gr soft point with 10 grains of unique like i was advised they came out real good I think.I figured out how to crimp and set my depth to had to read the directions over a bunch of time's.I am not sure if I am really crimping more like putting a little pressure on the bullet.Of coarse I belled my first case to much but after doing some measurements got it just right.Went out and shot a few and it didn't blow up still have all my finger's. :signs1180lq:

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Congrats on the reloads. Keep us posted on your load progress.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I shot my self in the hand this evening with my reloads.After that I put my safety glasses on that's what I get for shooting steel I guess... :smiley_green_with_envy:

#4 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

To close and you need to angle the plates so the bullets splatter downward. If you shoot yourself remember we get to divide your gear and I want the 44 and the 17. :smiley_green_with_envy: :653:

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

You have ben around Thumper too long...Good job on the reloads..

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

Do you have your license yet Tony .Lets go bother your brother and go shoot some jack wabbits!I was 18 yards doug yeah I should be a little farther.It did scare me more than the 22 coming back at me lol

#7 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

We have shot 7 yards at the range I frequent with full-house loads and zero problems, but the secret to there is that they hang the targets with fairly steep angle pointing down. Good luck, and be careful. It also sounds like you are really enjoying that new pistol, glad to hear.On a side note, as a warning (and funny story), steel is not the only target to be careful of. My dad and I were shooting painted orange golf balls at the range at 5-10 yards one afternoon with some .38 wadcutters moving about as fast as a spitball. I end up hitting one and watch him jump a little bit. When I ask him what was wrong, he said he must have been bit by a big, but when he stands up, a deformed wadcutter with orange paint stuck to it comes falling out his shorts :smiley_green_with_envy: . Guess we didn't use enough gun??? I still have that bullet in my truck somewhere to remind me of the time I got away with shooting my dad :653: . True story, I swear.

#8 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

thats a good story .and congrats on loading the 44 mag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users