4 replies to this topic

#1 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

picked up a old 1959 ruger single six today but it has no cylinders so i will be looking for some in the future.oh it also has the 10 inch barrel

#2 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Great guns, but if you have to have the cylinders timed take it to a local gunsmith (preferably a friend), DO NOT SEND IT IN TO RUGER UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY WANT THE TRANSFER BAR UPGRADE. That is unless it has already been done of course. Some want it, some don't, but if sent in, you do not get to keep the original parts :504: . Just a heads up. Hope you enjoy it, it should bring you a ton of joy :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#3 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

They told me they send the original parts back to you.called them this morning I also would like to have the cylinders first before sending it in so i will look around a while before I do send it in. and I work in a gunsmith shop so I can get it timed when needed.

#4 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

That sounds like one cool gun. Post up some pics, if you can!

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

They told me they send the original parts back to you.called them this morning I also would like to have the cylinders first before sending it in so i will look around a while before I do send it in. and I work in a gunsmith shop so I can get it timed when needed.

That's good news all the way around. Sounds like they have changed their policy too, that's the main reason I never had it done. You should absolutely love that thing! With the mags it's hard t believe your shooting the same pistol, just expensive. I come from a long barrel pistol family and would love to have had that 10" barrel on mine. You just need a rifle scabbard to holster it though :smiley_green_with_envy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users