5 replies to this topic

#1 ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello to all, My local hunting club is working with Savage Arms to host a shoot at our club. The local Savage rep would bring 10-15 rifles and ammo for folks to inspect and shoot. We are gauging interest to see if we could get about 100 folks to attend. I am guessing that about 40 guys will come from my club. We are also going to ask two other local clubs if they would like to attend. ShooterJohn has graciously allowed me to post here to see if anyone from this site would like to attend. The shoot will most likely occur in June or July at a location near Gorman, CA. It will run from 9AM to 4PM. Once I have a good handle on the numbers, I will post the exact date and location. If you are interested in attending you can shoot me an email to the following address:mrohrer72@gmail.comI will add your email to a list. You can also PM me with your address if you want. I guess I should add that I do not work for Savage or any company associated with them. I am just putting this together for our club and anyone else who is interested. Thanks for the read,Matt

#2 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Wish I was closer! Been eyeing a new savage bolt.

#3 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Matt,Could we bring our own Savages along to shoot?

#4 ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

I don't see why not. They want to demo their stuff first, but if you come at the end you would be more than welcome to stay and shoot your rifles.I asked them to bring varmint/predator stuff. He mentioned the .17 Hornet all the way up to the .338 Lapua. It should be fun.

#5 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

".338 Lapua" and "fun". Hummm - you obviously have a steel shoulder!And a need to shoot Coyotes at 1500 yards. Guess you don't need to be a very good caller with that!

#6 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

But, you have to be a heck of a good shot!My personal best is 732 yards with my 6.5x284

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users