Photo

Nosler 6mm 55 gr Lead Free to be available soon.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Last week I sent a e-mail to Nosler asking them why nobody is selling their 6mm BT 55 gr Lead Free Bullets. Nosler replied back to me that they will be available in mid June. I am looking forward to reloading some of the #45170 Nosler BT 55 gr Lead Free bullets. If they shoot as good as the Barnes 62 gr Varmint Grenades I will switch to the Nosler 55 grainers for my 243 WSSM and my 243 Win.The Hodgdon Data Center shows ten different loads in the 243 Win for these 55 gr Nosler Lead Free bullets and five of those loads are over 3800 fps.

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Bob, I have personally seen 55 gr "lead" bullets chrono over 4,000 fps from a 26" barrel. Of course velocities certainly do vary from rifle to rifle and especially with different barrel lengths.Since the non-lead bullets are normally longer, I am wondering if even a lighter bullet, say around a 40 gr or so would work well? Then again, that may not be necessary with the usually faster twists in 6mm anyhow? Just thinking out loud. Anyway, me being a speed addict would absolutely look forward to the new 55gr non lead bullet. :signlol2iu:

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I too am wondering about this one. At least with the lighter weight, maybe the length would still be doable in a stock rifle twist? Just kinda wondering here as well. Thanks for the update Bob.

#4 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

FYI Stuff on Nosler 55 gr. 243/6mm bullets. :good: I have been in monthly contact with Nosler folks since last July looking for lead free bullets.Delay after delay has got me a little cautious. :signlol2iu: I was told that Midway and large retailers will get the first supplies.I don't know why the 243/6mm bullets are so tough to make...The 40 gr. 22-250s are plentiful. Let me know if you get any so that I can cry in my beer.... :signlol2iu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users