• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 usaf_yz426

usaf_yz426

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:dirtbiking, supermoto, hunting, camping, shooting, and wrenching on cars and bikes.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I am gearing up for turkey hunting and I m wondering what to do with my O/U shotgun. I have a Mossberg Silver Reserve 12g and it has a nickel colored reciever, now i am wondering what options i have in order to help conceal it. I figured i could use a camo wrap, but i wouldn't be able to wrap where the action breaks, which is where the nickel is. next i could use some camo tape, but i don't know how resilient it would be against heat and if it would leave a residue on the weapon. I want to be able to conceal the gun, and be able to break the action to reload and what not. Any insight would be very helpfull.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Get a box of black latex gloves at an auto parts store, cut one back behind the fingers so the glove becomes basically a stretchy band. Pull it over the gun to cover the nickel receiver. It will keep everything covered but it will stretch when you open the action. I wouldn't worry about the gun not being camo. Thousands (if not millions) more gobblers have been taken with blue/walnut shotguns than with camo guns.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 usaf_yz426

usaf_yz426

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:dirtbiking, supermoto, hunting, camping, shooting, and wrenching on cars and bikes.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Well done, that is a great idea. Im not worried about it being camo, I just don't want the shine to spook em

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Those disposable black gloves come in handy for lots of different things. Good luck on your hunt.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#5 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

The black gloves are the best! You can also pick them up at Home Depot in the tool area.
Karl

#6 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Krylon camo paint will do the job.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#7 usaf_yz426

usaf_yz426

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image

I got a neoprene camo kit from basspro that will do the job nicely, i also paired it with a set of carlsons coyote ported chokes. She's hungry for some turkey and coyote.

#8 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

I had an old pair of camo pants that no longer fit me . I cut off the legs & had 2 non perm camo covers for any gun . Just use a good rubberband around the holes .

Andy

#9 usaf_yz426

usaf_yz426

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Good idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users