8 replies to this topic

#1 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Guys be careful how you store your extra battery packs. had a extra one for my decoy and my caller. packed both in my backpack one of them came to rest on some pliers, just happened to look for something in my pack and one was hot and melting real close to having a fire. Now i put them in a rubber glove should be fine.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,329 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

What kind of battery's were they like double AA's that got between the 2 handles ? I keep mine in a plastic zip lock bag in my back pack.

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

I hope I never get confused, because my hearing aid battery looks like a primer. Should I put my primers and hearing aid batterys in a rubber glove?Tom

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

You'd be surprised how hot a penny can get real fast if you drop a 9volt battery in your pocket with change.

#5 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

I had a key bridge the gap on a 9 volt battery and burn me pretty bad while in my pocket. While the 9 volt is nifty little power house, I sure would like to meet the designer. Putting both poles on the same side, half an inch a part? Really?

#6 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

A 9v battery and a pinch of fine steel wool makes a great survival fire-starter kit. Just add tinder. http://lmgtfy.com/?q...teel wool" fire

#7 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I had a key bridge the gap on a 9 volt battery and burn me pretty bad while in my pocket. While the 9 volt is nifty little power house, I sure would like to meet the designer. Putting both poles on the same side, half an inch a part? Really?

We used to have problems carrying spare 9 volts in the glove box of the work truck, that was until I started putting a dab of masking tape (we had rolls by the dozen) over the top of it. Easy to remove, and even replaceable if you need to put it back on.

#8 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Knocked up thats funny. Shoot it they are in holder that holds 8 and just like a 9v the poles on the same side.

#9 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

In boy scouts I started a fire with 2 AA batteries connected in series by touching them together and some steel wool. The batteries from a mini maglite will do in a pinch if you have some steel wool, but I would just carry a flint steel and magnesium striker personally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users