5 replies to this topic

#1 Marlin55

Marlin55

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I am curious about slug guns. I have seen several styles including bolt action types and was wondering if any one here has ever hunted with them. I have heard that mossberg and ithaca make good ones and that with the right ammo accuracy out to 100 yards is possible. Would appreciate any feed back.
MEMBER OF THE CLUB TO REDUCE REDUNDANCY.

CLUB MEMBERS WORKING TO REDUCE REDUNDANCY!

#2 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have a Mossberg 500 with a rifled slug barrel and scope. I shoot 2" groups at 100yds. Dont know if slugs get much better than that.Posted ImagePosted Image
Hic Ego Statio

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

I had no idea that slugs were that accurate, But then again, I had no idea that you had pictures of my wife either.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I have a H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe. It is very accurate. I did a lot of research before I bought a slug gun. I think these are the most accurate for the money. It will shoot minute of deer to 100 yards easily. I shoot Hornady SST Slugs out of it and I am confident out 150 yards on deer. I got the heavy gun and am glad I did. Shotguns with slugs kick like a mule. No fun at all to sight in off of the shooting bench.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#5 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Remmy 870 express w/supper sluger barrel, like DD said, 2" at 100yards. Leaded and unleaded sabot slugs to Condor range.Not to bad when you consider the trigger is not set up for rifle type shooting, plus it kicks a hell. I dont have a man cave/wall with other members wives one it, so no gun pictutes from me..LOL

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I have a Mossberg 500 with a rifled slug barrel and scope. I shoot 2" groups at 100yds. Dont know if slugs get much better than that.Posted ImagePosted Image

How do you like that barrel my friend had trouble with his Flexing on him so he wedged it with some wood and put a zip tie on it.I had a in-law that owns a machine shop drill and tap mine for a base.noe I am shopping for a fully rifles barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users