• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

I have been looking for a second conceal gun that is lighter than my CZ Rami 2075 9mm to front pocket carry when I have to go into the city. I have looked at the Rugers, Sigs, Kahrs, and even the Bersa and Keltec at the bottom of the line. So far the LC9 seems to be near the to-p in the reviews and a quality build with good fit and finish. My local gun store sells them for $339.99. I was thinking of adding one for the light weight (17 ozs) and other features. Anyone own one of these? I think they are CA legal like the new Ruger SR22 which is a great gun btw. Thanks.Posted Image

I'm an airgunholic

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I just picked one up the other day Brant. Like you I heard very good reports. I had purchased a Glock 21 (.45) a few months ago and love it, but wanted a smaller gun come the hot weather. I just cleaned it tonight. Wow...seems like Ruger packs their new guns in cosmoline. I always clean before firing, but have never saw a more heavily lubricated handgun coming out of the box. Not that it's a bad thing, but definately needed cleaning. I'll be firing some ammo up tomorrow I hope and will let you know how it goes. It was neat as I stopped by a garage sale yesterday and found a 50 pack of Winchester 9mm 147 gr JHP marked at $16.95 for the box. Garge sale price was two bucks :( Probably some old ammo, but what the heck...I'll fire it up. I had stopped at Walmart and picked up a value 100 pack and also some nice Federal 135 gr Hydra Shock JHP's.I like the feel of the gun, it dissembles easily and will no doubt conceal very nicely. Although it fits in the front pocket of my jeans 'OK'...it is almost too big for such and be able to pull it out very quickly. I have not tried a pocket holster, so that might help matters. I prefer Bianchi concealment hip holsters and they did not have one set up for the LC9. I could have estimated and probably turned out well, but rather ordered a Ruger holster from their store made for the handgun. Hopefully that will be here next week. Good luck with your decision, but for the money and my purpsoe...I'm very satisfied and have not even pulled the trigger (Hot) yet. Make sure your aware that it is DAO....Mike

#3 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

i liked it but it was too big for my pocket so i got an LCP for my CCW and love it

#4 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have shot many of them...because I work at a gun store over the winter. the gun shoots great. is easy to handle and dissassembles well. Personal preference i would stay away from the kahr, not because of the gun. because of the customer service. The sr9 is the exact same gun but with a double stack magazine. for the purpose the lc9 is a way better option. another option for you to look at (if your a peace officer) is the smith and wesson bodyguard 380. at first i didn't like the gun at all until i got to fire a box or so through it. taking the gun apart is a little more challenging but not impossible. I really like the lc9 but i will say the trigger is very long. doesn't bother some people, and makes the decision easy for others. But it's easy, handle the gun, ask to throw some caps in so you can dry fire it a couple times. if you like it... have fun.... if not... there are a ton of fish in the sea!!!

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

I do plan on carrying in my front pocket and consider it approaching the limit on size and weight for pocket carry. I actually carried a CZ BD Rami but it is just a bit heavy and thick for the front pocket options. I have owned some long pull DAOs so it was natural to shoot well and fits my hand comfortably. I got to try the PM9 and CW9, as well as a PF9 and a Nano. I liked it the best for the purpose.

I'm an airgunholic

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

I've got a Ruger Lcp in .380 that I've had for seveal years now. MY son is an LEO and he got it and gave it to me. I carry it in an Uncle George Holster http://unclegeorgesw...om/default.aspx and carry it in the back pocket. just looks like a wallet and if very comfortable. I've worn it for hours, including driving for several hours and forgot it was there. Would highly recommend th holster. I'm now going to hve o look into the LC9, looks like a sweet carry pistol.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for the holster reference. I am looking for one and a few folks have told me the Nemesis. My brother has an LCP and those sure are popular. I bet he adds the LC9 to his holster offering.

I'm an airgunholic

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

Heres another wallet type offering. My son uses one and seems to like it. DRhttp://ultimateconcealedcarry.com/

#9 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Did I mention that I also just like the way this handgun looks :smiley_green_with_envy: Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,319 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Be careful buying wallet type holsters in California as anything you can shoot out of is highly illegal.

A wallet gun means any firearm mounted or enclosed in a case resembling a wallet, designed to be, or capable of being carried in a pocket or purse, if such firearm may be fired while mounted or enclosed in such case. (Penal Code § 12020©(4).)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#11 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

They borrowed that distinctive Walther PPS taper. That grip holster seems somewhat counterintuitive as far as blocking the trigger goes - especially if one kept a round in the chamber but they say it is BATF legal somehow but as you mention not all states. Am I missing something on that holster?Also imprinting may be a big issue in some states and affect gun size and type of holster.Posted Image

I'm an airgunholic

#12 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Be careful buying wallet type holsters in California as anything you can shoot out of is highly illegal.

This company classifies this as a grip and does not hide the fact that its a gun. good catch tho. Id never thought of it as a disguised wepon . DR

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,319 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yeah but if you can shoot the gun with it in the holster/grip it is illegal because it camouflaging the gun. It's on the Attorney Generals site and even owning one is illegal. The best one I ever had was a wallet like holster I used it for my AMT .380 with my CCW. Then they changed the law. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#14 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

"Yeah but if you can shoot the gun with it in the holster/grip it is illegal because it camouflaging the gun"How do you guys put up with such nonsense? I guess they want you to keep your CCW at home in the safe :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users