• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have a Lyman electronic powder measure/scale 1200DPS3 that is fairly new. I got it out to load up a bunch of test rounds of different cartridges using IMR8208XBR and Hibrid100. The darn thing warmed up then nothing. It just locked up. Could not even turn it off unless I just unplugged it. Called Lyman and they said return it. I shipped it off today. I wonder has anyone else had this problem?? It worked great until now.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

RCBS CHargemaster in use on my bench. No problems.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I might have been smarter to get the RCBS unit. I have had good luck with other Lyman stuff. I have always had good luck with RCBS stuff.When I get it back I will load up my test ammo then after testing I will load up about 2-4K of 223 as well as 800+ of 204ruger and a couple hundred rounds of 6mm Rem for the big squirrel hunt. That should test it out well.

#4 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

I have the same exact scale. One time I left mine on for a couple of days... just forgot to turn it off, and the darn thing froze and won't reset. I sent it to Lyman and they took care of it free of charge.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users