• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have a Lyman electronic powder measure/scale 1200DPS3 that is fairly new. I got it out to load up a bunch of test rounds of different cartridges using IMR8208XBR and Hibrid100. The darn thing warmed up then nothing. It just locked up. Could not even turn it off unless I just unplugged it. Called Lyman and they said return it. I shipped it off today. I wonder has anyone else had this problem?? It worked great until now.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

RCBS CHargemaster in use on my bench. No problems.

#3 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I might have been smarter to get the RCBS unit. I have had good luck with other Lyman stuff. I have always had good luck with RCBS stuff.When I get it back I will load up my test ammo then after testing I will load up about 2-4K of 223 as well as 800+ of 204ruger and a couple hundred rounds of 6mm Rem for the big squirrel hunt. That should test it out well.

#4 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

I have the same exact scale. One time I left mine on for a couple of days... just forgot to turn it off, and the darn thing froze and won't reset. I sent it to Lyman and they took care of it free of charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users