#1 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting air rifles, ground squirrels and ducks

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Click Here for Western States BR Match Registration and InformationPosted ImageLots of classes means lots of shooting and lots of fun. It should be a great weekend of Air Rifle Competition and meeting new friends, so come on out an join us. Saturday March 17th World Air Rifle Benchrest Match 3 Classes Light Varmint Class: Caliber- .177, .20, and .22 Power - Maximum 12FPE Weight Less than 10.5 lbs including scope and accessories Distance 25 meters International scoring rules will apply Heavy Varmint Class: Caliber- .177, .20, and .22 Power maximum 20 FPE Weight Less than 15 lbs including scope and accessories Distance 25 meters International scoring rules will apply USA Open Class: Calbers - .177, .20 and .22 calibers are allowed. Power - Maximum of 35 FPE. Weight = Maximum of 20 pounds. Distance - 50 Yards International scoring rules will applySunday March 18th Open Competition Matches Sporter/Hunter Class Rifles: Hunter/Sporter Style Rifles not designed for Field Target or Benchrest competition Caliber- .177, .20, and .22 Power maximum 33 FPE Weight Less than 12 lbs including scope and accessories Distance 25 meters Rests Soft bags only front and rear, no adjustable rests Unlimited 50 Yard King of the Hill Match Rifles: Any, run what you brung! Caliber- .177, .20, and .22 Power Any Weight Any Distance 50 Yards No Holds barred!

#2 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

February 16th Update: The guest cabins being held for match attendees at the 49r RV Village in Plymouth will only be held until February 25th. If you need accommodations please reserve your cabin before then to insure that you will have a room.. If you plan on attending please get your registration in to me as soon as you can. Food and prizes must be ordered and I need to get an idea of who will be coming. If you cannot make the match and have to cancel, notify me by the 14th of March to will receive a full refund of your match fees. This should be a really fun weekend and your match fee's include the use of the public rifle and pistol ranges so you can be shooting when not participating in a match. Don't miss this opportunity to shoot against some of the best Airgun Benchrest shooters in the West. We will also be putting a team of LV participants together to compete in the Postal Match with the UK and anyone shooting LV class can submit their score as an individual to be included in the Postal Match. Come on out an have some fun. Jim in Sacramento

#3 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

I want to go so bad but I don't think I can get my new gun before it and it's so far, I wish there was matches like this closer to San Diego.

#4 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I would definitely go to at least watch if they had one that wasn't too far away from San Diego. And some day, when I have a .177 that is accurate enough, I'd even like to try competing. Someday. :smiley_green_with_envy:

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

There is a group that shoots air rifle benchrest at the Police Pistol range just off HWY 94 on sunday mornings think first part of the month..8-12pm.Think it is 25 yards....4008 Federal Blvd. San Diego

#6 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

We are a little more than a week away from the Western States Regional Airgun Benchrest Match being held at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center near Ione, CA. Follow the link in the first note in this thread for match information and registration forms.The Saturday Match on March 17th is a USA Air Rifle Benchrest Association sanctioned event shooting Light Varmint (12fpe) , Heavy Varmint (20fpe) and Open Class (35 fpe). If you are shooting the Light Varmint Match you can also have your score included as an individual in the USA vs. United Kingdom Postal Match taking place this month. JD Dodge is leading a team of shooters from Washington State that is entered in the team competition for the postal match. Don't worry about all the match details, if you have an air rifle .22 caliber or less shooting 35fpe or less you can participate in at least one of the matches. Sunday's matches are for bragging rights. The Sporter/Hunter Class match is for all the air gunners who hunt, plink and punch paper with their air guns. No competition rifles or fancy rests allowed, light hunting rifles off soft bags is the order of the day. The Unlimited Class match on Sunday is just that unlimited (other than a.22 caliber maximum bullet size). 50 shots at 50 yards, which rifle and which shooter will prevail? Be there to find out. It looks like several of the shooters and rifles that competed at the World Championships in North Carolina last summer will be attending. Come on out and meet and shoot with some of the best in the sport and have a look at some of the most accurate air rifles available today. It should be a fun and competitive weekend, dont miss it. Jim in Sacramento

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users