#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

T/C ventura predator rifle's advertisement paints an Ideal predator rifle. In 22-250 it has a 12" 5R rifling rate. Any one have one ?

#2 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Larry, I saw one in Cabela's a couple of weeks ago with scope for under six bills. I fondled it some and it feels like a really nice gun for the price. The trigger was a little creepy but not terrible. I'm going to pick one up in 204 if I can off my Ruger 25-06.I watch Predator Quest with Les Johnson on the Sportsman's Channel and he is sponsored by TC and uses a Venture Predator in 22-250 on the show.If you get one give me a call. I've got brass and dies I would be willing to part with. Don't know why you would ever want to stop shooting that black gun of yours. That thing is a tack driver (or was that 300 yard shot just luck?).Dan
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#3 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi Dan I called Cabela's and they say they can't get them ? Yes that Black rifle is a shooter. Actually I need a new rifle like I need a hole in my head ! But hey its February coyotes are looking for a mate . I've been hunting in Antelope Valley ( Heavily pressured) much better roads. I've moved to Lemon Valley area I'll need to find your # in CPC archives. Why a .204 ? Talk I'm hearing its a little lite for coyotes. Have you been out any this past season ?

#4 stallion51

stallion51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

I have a venture (non-predator model) in .300 win mag with a leupold vx-II. Love that gun. Especially for the money. My stepdad has a weatherby vanguard. Both are MOA guns, only noticable difference is that his action feels sloppier compared to mine.

#5 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Ive also got the Venture in .300 win mag and I would buy the predator version in a second. Great gun

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#6 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Their rifle chambered in 22-250 has a 12" twist rifling rate. I believe they're the only manufacture that does that !

#7 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Larry, I still have your number and I'll give you a call this weekend. I have been out a few times this winter mostly taking the grandkids out calling. That is pretty much short attention span theater but they have such a great time I just can't resist taking them. I would like to go next week and it looks like my wife doesn't have anything planned for a change. I love my Rem. 6mm and will keep it but I would like to pick up a 204 or a 223. I've been checking around for something used that I could customize a little but that Venture sure looks attractive for the price.
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#8 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

I found a place on Guns America .com that claims to have a 204,223 and a 22-250. I'm waiting for them to get back to me to confirm this. Have you read this months Predator extreme magazine ? Coyotes all over the country are heavily pressured. They're saying 45 minutes a stand is about the norm now. Antelope Valley is classic coyote country and close to home,plus the roads are very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users