#1 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Looking for a nice scope withing the 150-250 range that has a regular mil dot reticle. No illum please! Was looking at the bushnell elite 3200 10x40 fixed power. Its going on my Rem 700 sps varmint in 223 and the leupold 4-12x40 is going on my new deer/pig rifle (weatherby vanguard s2/rem 700 sps 7 mag, havent decided yet). Ideas on the bushnell? Suggestions on others? I like the fixed power because I never adjust my zoom anyway it always stays 1 1/2 below max and never moves.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#2 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

I have a Redfield 10X with a duplex(sorry not mil dot) I would sell for the $150-200 price range. Took it off a 25-06 I got from a guy who used it to shoot squirrels. If you are interested contact me. I would sell it to help fund my Africa trip.

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Here's a review of the Bushnell 3200 10x40 Tactical mil-dot. They're decent scopes. http://www.snipercen...om/bushtact.htmI like something with a bit more magnification for my varmint rifles. So I have a couple Vortex Viper in 6.5-20x44 mil-dot scopes. But they're in the $399 range. Consider the Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 mil-dot. I've got those on my .30-06 and .270 Win. They don't click as true 1/4 MOA, but they're fine for hunting and target shooting using mil-dots. If you want something inexpensive to just get by with for now, you can get a Simmons Whitetail Classic 6-24x50 mil-dot for $125 on Midway. Although it's a Simmons, these are pretty tough scopes. I have the duplex version and it consistently would hold 1/2" groups and sometimes better with my .223 varmint rifle. I used it for a couple years while I figured out what better glass I wanted to put on that rifle. Nothing wrong with it, though.

#4 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hmm, I'll check that link out for sure. I like something with high magnification but as stated I rarely ever adjust once I'm sighted in. I'll think on it. Its hard to decide with so many options out there.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

It's easy to decide. Buy a Hawke from us and you'll never look back.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

I have been meaning to get a Hawke for some time now. Maybe on the M77/357 I have been eying.I am currently shooting on a Vortex Diamonback 4-12x on my .308 and I love it. Affordable and clear. Better than a lot of my more pricey scopes.Good luck!
"Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." ~William Ruckelshaus

#7 Loopdog

Loopdog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting. Big Game Hunting and Upland Game

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

I talked to the Guys from Hawke at the Shot Show I was impressed with what they had to offer with Mil Dots. They also have some great "free" software that might help out some folks. Here is the link. http://www.hawkeopti...m/apps/brc.html

#8 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

You know what Desert Dog I just may. Do you guys offer fixed power scopes? Out of curiosity. If not then I want something with a higher variable power but still with a mil dot. No illum or nothing. I never plan on shooting at night. If I did I would just use the AR. First check in march is an extra check and the wife has given her blessings for me to get my gun and scope. So I'll be contacting you then. See what kind of deals you guys got going on. Its my first non leupold scope so we'll see how it goes. Any of you other guys have any reviews of them?
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

clampdaddy has a hawk scope on his 22-250 and I looked threw it .It's not as clear as my vx1 leupold 3x9.

#10 240 supervarminter

240 supervarminter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

simmons white tail classic, midway always has sales on them for around 109.00 for the money you really cant beat it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users