7 replies to this topic

#1 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

My wife wants a rossi trifecta. anyone have any expe3rience with it? sHe wants the 20ga/.22/.243. Reviews online are mixed...

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

I never heard of them can you post a link.I am sure any modern firearms will work.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Here you go Shoot-it. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rossi+trifecta

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

That's to much work SJ........... :horse apples:

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

No harder than this. http://www.rossiusa.....cfm?category=2

#6 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

I have a Rossi. 22lr/20 GA youth combo for my signs. It shoot but is not terribly accurate. Fit and finish is not the greatest.

#7 Johnny Get Ur Gun

Johnny Get Ur Gun

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Retired Master Gunnery Sergeant of Marines. Father of 6, 3 still at home. Avid hunter and fisher. Been a bird and big game hunter most my life, but have recently become interested in coyote and rabbit hunting. Looking forward to becoming a part of this online community and hopefully getting to hunt with some of you. Semper Fi!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

We have one in 12 Ga, .243, and .50 black powder. I'll agree the finish leaves something to be desired, but I've been happy with it. It's my son's gun. He only uses the shotgun as a home defense gun since he has a 12 ga pump, but we have both hunted with the rifle. I found it to be very accurate on the range and had no problem dropping a deer with it at 125 yards. I thought it was a good first gun choice.

#8 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

I cant say anything for that specific model, but it seems like rossi doesn't make the best quality firearms. I have a sxs 12ga rossi shotgun that was imported back in the mid 80s which was given to me by my grandmother in-law, which had major fit and finish issues until i finally took a dremel too it and shaved off metal just to get it to latch and lock up correctly. Now that I did that however it is a great shotgun.My dad bought a rossi wizard a while back in .223 which is similar to the trifecta. What we found with this gun was a much worse problem. The firing pin hole was actually drilled out off center from the primer to the point that we did not get consistant ignition. The rifle was a waste of time and money, and my dad now has a savage 110 in .223 which is a much better rifle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users