• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

wow ! I got to admit these things shoot great with a hand gun. At all ranges too. they are a bit of a pain to sight in, but seem to hold zero well. Ill switch it out to the 357 sig upper, and see what the recoil does to it.The 357 has tore up my laser sight ,it will no longer hold zero. And it was a 200.oo model. The target is 20 yards. I tried it at coyote dispatch range also and point of impact is very close to long range impct. the dot is m/l .500 above the bore line. mount is a burris for glock, as it is molded to the shape of the frame which keeps it low. Sight is a Primary Arms, which is a low end cost sight that is getting good reviews. Metal body to the sight and a 5 moa green dot. It is much smaller than you think. that is about the size of an iron sight on a rifle.the unit is waterproof with auto-dimming, bright light makes it brighter.Doesnt wash out in bright light. Eric..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

ehd,sweet, thanks for posting full pictures showing mounting and actual 5moa green dot.

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

so far 50 rounds with some hot 357 sig rounds and holding zero. I wouldnt want any smaller than a 4 moa dot on a handgun.

#4 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

I love the .357 sig round and have been toying with building a carbine of some sort in the caliber.

#5 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

I like it. Its everything that a .40 was suppose to do. Very accurate lots of poop . I think the recoil is greater than the .40 More of a snap, sharper. I would not be afraid to hunt with it. I have killed a couple big boars with it and it done a good job.

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

I like the low profile and less bulk than the usual Red Dot tube style sight. I had a tube style Red Dot on the Ruger 22/45 and loved it, just did not care for the bulkiness of the setup. Out of curiosity, where did you buy/order yours from? May have to rethink things :good: Almost forgot. Have you had a chance to shoot it with the sunlight in both directions, in front of you and directly behind you? And if so, how was the glare on both the dot and the glass?

#7 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well , I am up to 100 rounds of some ammo that way hotter than I like ,and its holding up . Zero is right on. I have got to use it in all light conditions and is very good, Almost too bright, but the green is less distractive than red. Taken it off the mount and installed it back to simulate a battery change and holds zero. It has 4 precise alignment dowls,so there is really no way to misalign. Primary arms is who handles it. Very good outfit to deal with. Ill keep you all posted as my stuff gets used and abused every day. I am shooting some factory reloaded stuff and it makes buffalo bore seem like reduced loads. I think they might have over scooped them if you know what I mean. I shot some factory 125 grain hornady , and they felt like a 38 special in comparison. And way better for accuracy. 116.00 with the mount.Shipped from texas.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

looks nice! how does that thing mount on to the gun.

#9 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

you drive out the rear sight and there is a plate with a bar that goes in the groove that the rear sight went in. No holes drilled and stays put even with the recoil of the heavier slug pistols.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users