• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IamChase

IamChase

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Hey guys I put an introduction here: http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/index.php?showtopic=5498&st=1770&gopid=241650&#entry241650

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hey guys, I've been looking around the interwebs for a couple of weeks now here and there and I'm having trouble finding a suitable weapon for my current wants/needs. First and foremost I want it in .22 WMR (I have too many .22lrs as it is)I have an old Weatherby .22lr that my Dad gave me with a 10 round magazine that is rediculously accurate. I have a cheap Glenfield with a 17 round tubular magazine that is accurate enough for plinking, but not for reliable hunting (Oh I wish it was though, it weighs barely over 4 pounds fully loaded). I have a few larger caliber bolt actions that are just too expensive to shoot recreation and I cannot afford an AR-15 at the moment. So, heres what I'm looking for:- .22 WMR- collapsable buttstock (Yes, I want to be able to put a bumpfire stock on it)- long picatiny rails with no iron sights or at least detachable- a barrel long enough to make accurate shots out to 150 yardsWhen I take it out hunting I'll wrap it with re-usable camo gun wrap. I'll mainly be using it for target shooting, but I do want to be able to hunt small game and varmints with it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be extremely thankful =D Thanks!!

#2 ROCRESQ

ROCRESQ

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been wait for Nordic to come out with their WMR for over a year now. It shouldn't be much longer now :roflmao3[1]:. In the meantime I have gone with a magnum research Ultralite WMR. Alexander Arms makes a decent 17HMR upper, but I don't do a lot of work with that caliber. Might check out the Volquartsen fusion aswell, I would love to have one of those in the safe.

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

how about a ruger 77-22 magnum. 6 pounds and VERY accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users