#1 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Does anyone have one of these gadgets? I'm looking to buy one. My hands hurt after doing each step individually after about 15 rounds. Being an armorer I did a lot of work with my hands, so that on top of computer gaming for years makes my hands hurt pretty easy. Looking at one of these to reduce the stress on my hands. I see em for like 115 bucks or so. What kind of pieces do I need to get with it as well to get it going for 223/308. Does it come with certain pieces already or is it only the trimmate?

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

You will love it. Its a great time saver. You wont need to buy anything to use it for the calibers mentioned. Its really a time saver. There are pieces that you can buy later, but for now I wouldnt worry. Get one if it fits your budget.

#3 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

I could really use one. I just use hand tools a lot and my hands ache badly after loading up 50 rounds. Are there any other things I can use with it that could help? Any extras?

#4 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

I have one and have prepped a couple thousand pieces of .308, .30-06, .270, .223 and .204 Ruger brass with it. Makes it so much easier than manually doing it by hand. You just have to change out the primer pocket uniformer and spinning wire brush to the right size depending on whether you're cleaning large or small primer pockets. Very easy and quick to do. One thing I recently added to mine was an RCBS primer pocket military crimp reamer for the .223 brass I pick up at the range from the AR-15 "spray and pray" crowd. About 1/4 of it has military crimps which prevent good primer seating unless the crimp has been removed. Get a Trim Mate and you'll only wonder why you didn't do it sooner. When they're on sale, they go for $99. And RCBS had rebates last year which really made them affordable.

#5 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Check out the above link, this is how I have my prep center set up for trimming. The Lee cutters and pilots are very inexpensive.In this link, this guy has a easier way to set up the Lee Cutter.

#6 Caneman

Caneman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

It looks really nice...Another RCBS machine to consider is the Trim Pro with the 3-Way-Cutting head... i use it with a hand drill, and it will trim to length, debur the outside, and bevel the inside of the case all at the same time... did about 250 .223 cases in 30'...

#7 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Wow I'm really considering this. I'm going to have to take the plunge because my hands even though I'm 27 feel like I have arthritis or carpal tunnel. I just cant stand doing more than 30 or so without my hands dying.Thanks caneman I'm going to check that out too. I'm getting a house soon and I cannot wait to set up my reloading bench and tailor it to my needs. I living in an apartment now with 3 kids that are really young (1 1/2 months - 2 year 4 months) so setting anything up permanent is impossible to do safely.Thanks for the input you guys!

#8 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ok so today I picked up the prep center for 129.99. I'm hoping I love it. I think I will. Next check I get my quarterly bonus and I'll be buying my weatherby vanguard series 2 7mm mag. Its between this and the Rem 700 sps in 7mm mag. Also thinking of 270 wsm. We'll see by next check which I'm set on. I already have 2 sandwich bags full of once shot factory brass for the 7mm to reload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users