• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

I just picked up a new 20 acre ranch that is over run with squirrels and has turkeys on it that I got permission to hunt with air guns. :roflmao3[1]:

#2 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Congrats! It's always exciting when scoring a new property! Especially that first hunt.

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

I just picked up a new 20 acre ranch that is over run with squirrels and has turkeys on it that I got permission to hunt with air guns. :roflmao3[1]:

Way to go CBR400RR! That's a good sized ranch. Congratulations on getting a new permission! You are going to have a blast (literally) taking out those sqeeks! :signs1180lq:

#4 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm going to get my turkey tag, the property owner says there all over and they even come up to the house and tease the dog :roflmao3[1]: .....lol

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

That's FRIGGIN' AWESOME DUDE! :signs1180lq: You are going to be having some good turkey this Spring for sure! :signs1180lq: I think all you need is the Upland Game Bird stamp and you are good for quail, pheasant, dove, turkey, crow, ptarmigan, etc. The Fall turkey season has gone and went. The spring turkey season comes March 31 through May 6th of this year (2012). That's a total score. If you want someone to go turkey hunting with you, just let me know and I'd go in a heartbeat! By the way, did that one woman that was on the horse that day ever give you a call? She made it sound like she had ground squirrels attacking her house! That's a super great score on your new permission! I have been asking here and there when people mention having pest problems, but most people don't seemed to be thrilled with the idea of someone walking around their property with a gun, even though I explain that I only use air/pellet guns. So far the only permissions I've gotten ((2) of them) are through family members that live in the more rural areas. I'll just keep on trying... ;)

#6 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

ARH, I'm going to try and check out the property this Sunday if you want to come a long and see what all there is to shoot.

#7 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, rowing, photography, and hunting.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Right on!

#8 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Great job on scoring some PP to hunt on!!!Get yourself a (Killer B Turkey decoy) & and a good hand call and get some Toms.check out some of the U-tube video's on it. I met a guy that said the same thing about other Toms running over to the decoy to Kick it A$$.

#9 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

ARH, I'm going to try and check out the property this Sunday if you want to come a long and see what all there is to shoot.

PM me with a time and I'll let you know if I could wing it. Thanks. :signs1180lq:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users