5 replies to this topic

#1 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

ok guys just got a new toy ,a diamond outlaw .what tips do you guys prefer to stick in good old tom ? spring season is coming and i should be back up to par with an arrow (havent shot in about 25 years lol )but the time opening comes around .i have done some looking and read articles on several just would love some real hunter feed back .thanks

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

Any good cut on contac broadhead.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

I use a four blade with a chisel tip, I don't even know what they are called.but I found a few more while cleaning the garage yesterday. They sure make short work of a deer.oh, congratulations on the new bow.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#4 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

ok so dfg rules say 7/8 with the blades open right ? or did i miss read that section ? i looked at the store were i bought my bow yesterday when i took it in to shoot a few arrows and have them do a once over on it make sure everything is tight and right ,but all they had were cutters over an inch and 3 /8 .they were smaller than 7 /8 but open up alot bigger im a little confused .btw the bow and arrow shop in lakeside set me up the guys in there are pretty cool.

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

Broad heads most not be able to pass though a 7/8ths inch hole. 7/8ths or larger. All of mine are at least 1". So wheres the picture of that bow ?
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#6 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

ok so i had it backwards ill have to check it out agian.no pick yet when i get one ill put it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users