9 replies to this topic

#1 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

I need this - but I may have to actually limit my pidgeon kills on the dairy just to keep some around!http://airgun-academ...r-rifle-part-1/

#2 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's full auto people! A 25 cal machine gun!

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Sounds like it would use air and pellets rather rapidly. :roflmao3[1]:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Get yourself a Drozd Blackbird like Brant got it's cheaper and shoots with plenty of power. :roflmao3[1]: http://www.californi...d...st&p=241585

#5 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

Get yourself a Drozd Blackbird like Brant got it's cheaper and shoots with plenty of power. :roflmao3[1]: http://www.californi...d...st&p=241585

My pidgeons are usually 30 yards away - will a bb gun put 'em down?sill its cool that someone actually is putting out this gun - soon maybe they will be affordable.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

That Drozd can shoot over 900 feet per second even at full auto. The foot pounds energy would be multiplied with every BB that strikes the target. I sure as heck wouldn't want to get shot with it. :roflmao3[1]:

#7 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'm going to check it out. The dairy that I hunt really appreciates that I try to cull their pidgeon population (although not as much as I appreciate the opportunity) but on a really good day I can only known about 15 after a couple of hours.I've sort of taken a challenge to see if I could eliminate them completely. Thiis gun might be alot of fun.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

I've hunted several dairies and lots of farm buildings and the owners have always been real worried about the possibility of a pellet piercing their metal roofs. So my very favorite pigeon shooter is my Beeman R7 because it won't punch a hole in the roof if I miss. I even take a piece of corrugated roofing to show them how accurate it is and that it won't damage their roof if I miss. But it easily kills pigeons. I've even used it inside of grocery stores for removing English Sparrows after hours. I can't say enough about how well it does the job and it's safe too. I have a steel yard where I've been doing pigeon work for many years and it was the R7 that got me the job thanks to a recommendation from a fellow airgun enthusiast.

#9 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Steel yard huh? That sounds like a great idea - I'm in constuction so I know of a few nearby. Never thought they would have trouble with pidgeons but its worth checking out.Thanks SJ

#10 rws fan

rws fan

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My kids, shootin' stuff, hunting, hiking, scenic beaches, weather, running, imported beer, science, technology, fast cars, fast women, guns etc.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Get a marauder pistol, it's good for pigeons up to 75 yards lol. Just attach the plastic stock that comes with it. Very light and nimble. I'm actually looking for a spot to shoot pigeons/starlings just to justify keeping mine..Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users