• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IamChase

IamChase

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Hey guys I put an introduction here: http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/index.php?showtopic=5498&st=1770&gopid=241650&#entry241650

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a budget laser range finder for around $50. I can continue to save up for a more expensive one (I really don't want to spend more than $100), but $50 is what I'd like to spend. Do you guys have any recommendations?Thank you for you input!Note-- I need it for my pellet rifle in finding range only, not wind. I was a forward observer in the Army so while my training helps tremendously at finding both range and wind, the eyeballing of range was really only for great distances and had to be within 50 meters (kill zone for the average artillery/large mortar was 50m). Thanks again!

#2 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

I don't know of a good one that cheap. I use an inexpensive Bushnell Sport 450 for hunting with air rifles and rimfires. It will range nonreflective targets reliably out to 200 yards or so. Cabela's has a good sale on them for $99 at the moment. One thing that's nice is it uses a regular 9v battery. http://www.cabelas.c...r:referralID=NAI use a Nikon Monarch 1200 for rangefinding with powder burners out to 1,000 yards.

#3 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Probably buy a good tape measure for that.

#4 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Doubt youll find one that cheap. 100-150 should get you a decent one. Probably rated for 600 yards. Bass pro has some decent ones.

#5 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have the Redfield 550. Got it at turners for $159

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users