1 reply to this topic

#1 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

well I have wanted a 1911 in 10mm for a while and a commander length so im building one now.Had an old frame bought a slide from Fusion arms and a barrel from BAR-STO well the slide showed up right away so I started fitting it to the frame.after a few hours with a draw file I got it sliding on and off nice and easy.also installed the 10mm ejector on the frame.the ejector for the 9mm 38super 10mm and 40s&w are the same but different then the 45.well when I order the barrel on the third of mar they said it was a 8 to 12 week wait well the first week of Dec my barrel showed up.So today I spent the better part of the day fitting the barrel to the slide.My first time doing this and I can see why it costs so much for a custom gun it was fit into slide pull out ink the areas that were rubbing put back in slide install alignment jib smack barrel with mallet a few times pull jig off pull barrel out look for ink rubbed off put barrel in vice use file lightly in areas where ink was rubbed off re ink the barrel and start over for about 5 hours until it locks up tight.tomorrow I use parts from my para 45 1911 to test fire the barrel and slide to check my lock up and then if everything is good I have to cut the frame to fit the ramped barrel.wish me luck.

#2 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

Good luck, sounds like a awesome pistol. We need pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users