18 replies to this topic

#1 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

My FX3 decided to malfunction. I called FOXPRO and found that it was six month out of warranty. I sent it back last week. Today I got a call telling me that it needed a new circuit board, receiving module, and something else. I swallowed and asked what the damages were. Nothing, except for the cost of changing some sounds. They are even standing the cost of return shipping. This kind of customer service is really appreciated. They have lived up to their reputation.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Pretty hard to ask for more than that. That's great news Rod.

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Gotta love service like Foxpro. I never had a single prob with My FX5 except that the carcharger didnt work from day 1. 2 years after purchase Mike Dillon saw me post that prob on a different forum and he PM'd me and said, Give me your address and I will ship one out. I recieved it a few days later and it still works fine. Good guys to deal with. Congrats on your success!

#4 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

I had an issue with my remote when the batteries in it died. I called Foxpro and they walked me through the corrective action process in just a few minutes. Foxpro has quality products and good customer service. They are also located in Pennsylvania.

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

Yep, always nice to have such excellent customer service. LOTS of other companys should take note of. Foxpro is indeed a class act!

#6 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Yep, they are taking care of my vest, no questions asked.I'll continue to support Fox Pro, with customer service like that.Lee

#7 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

they have great service for sure. Now if they would get back to making a bomb proof caller like the old 416model( i wish i still had it) they would be on to something. thats why i switched to Minaska ,very basic BOMBproof caller.

#8 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

Now if they would get back to making a bomb proof caller like the old 416model( i wish i still had it) they would be on to something.

Completely agree, Eric... And why I will never let my 416 go.

#9 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

that was a good rugged caller. No frills ,just a good coyote getter .Standard issue for the gvmt. hunter

#10 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Exactly, Eric, exactly...Ya know, I hate to say this, but from the reviews I have read on various websites such as Cabelas, BassPro, AllPredatorcalls, Midway(?) etc, the one constant problem with Foxpro has been with ALL their current remotes. Even their best TX-500!In other words, IF someone had a concern or malfunction, it was almost always with the remote, even if that individual gives the call a high 4-5 rating. That is the case with all 3 of their remotes, including my Spitfire not working on occasion.I've NEVER had that happen with my 416. Something wrong in Denmark somewhere?! I've been looking at various calls lately and is what I have came across. Primos has a newer one with a solid 5 star rating & no complaints... Yet! Soooooo????

#11 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I have 2 Minaska callers that i love. The M-1 for years and never broke down once. But their marketing and customer service i hear are not foxpro by a long shot. Their sound libray is limited but getting better. I have found out over the years that one sound is as good as any within reason. As the coyote is going to come in or not. your set-up is more key rather than which cottontail you use.

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

My oldest FoxPro 532b is the best one I've ever had and it still works perfectly it's plenty loud and light to carry.

#13 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, I've been sniffing around lately at the various Brands & will take another look at Minaska. I really want a Foxpro, but not with the current remotes they have. I just don't trust them after all the negative reviews I've read & my own personal experience with my Spitfire.

#14 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Yep, John, that was another good one. Don't ever let it go.

#15 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Fox Pro definitely has one of the best customer services around. I just finished an email session with them about my Fur Taker vest issues (same as BPS's) and they definitely stand behind their products. This kind of treatment will keep me and others coming back for years even thru the hard times.

#16 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

fakawee,What is the problem with the vest, sorry if I missed that post.

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

FoxPro has had a problem with the stitching coming undone on a batch of vests. But I understand they are getting them from another source to alleviate the problem.

#18 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

fakawee,What is the problem with the vest, sorry if I missed that post.

In the case of my vest, the large left side pocket that carries the ecaller, had some weak spots in the material. The outer layers' stiching came undone. Even though my wife repaired it, it came undone in another spot. I emailed them and was immediately taken care of. They are sending a new vest that has several improvements over the older model and at the same time, sending a call tag to ship my old one back at no charge. One has to be thankful for company's like Fox Pro. I am!

#19 Caneman

Caneman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Exactly, Eric, exactly...Ya know, I hate to say this, but from the reviews I have read on various websites such as Cabelas, BassPro, AllPredatorcalls, Midway(?) etc, the one constant problem with Foxpro has been with ALL their current remotes. Even their best TX-500!In other words, IF someone had a concern or malfunction, it was almost always with the remote, even if that individual gives the call a high 4-5 rating. That is the case with all 3 of their remotes, including my Spitfire not working on occasion.I've NEVER had that happen with my 416. Something wrong in Denmark somewhere?! I've been looking at various calls lately and is what I have came across. Primos has a newer one with a solid 5 star rating & no complaints... Yet! Soooooo????

i have had my spitfire for 4 weeks now and the remote just took a dive... called Foxpro and they are sending out a new one to me...whether we like it or not, the consumer is now Foxpro's quality control...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users