2 replies to this topic

#1 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'm throwing this out to get some starting loads for the following calibers, looking for some good proven recipes. .40 S&W to be used for handguns and a Keltec Sub 2000, one of the handguns being an older Glock 22 with the unsupported chamber. Loads for .45 ACP to be used in 1911's and Thompson M1927a1 repro. I'd like to use the same powder for both calibers if possible bullet weights are negotiable ideally I'd like to use 180gr for the .40 and 230gr for the .45, these will be general use rounds for plinking/SD. Thanks in advance.
Ne Desit Virtus

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

For Self Defense you should use factory loads. Just one less thing they can come at you with if you get into a shooting. Many of the CCW sites and classes make his recommendation.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 Caneman

Caneman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

i like Unique, Universal, and Herco for the .40 just and I plan to work up the same for my .45 ACP (next week 10 day wait is over!!!)you can find these loads online with the powder manufacturers...i want to try Power Pistol as welllike Braz said you should use factory ammo for your SD rounds (not just for reliability concerns but legal concerns as well)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users