• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

my old coyote hunting vest is losing more stuff than its holding. Kinda wore out. Does that fox pro vest have a big pocket in the rear like a game bag on a bird vest? I like that big pocket to carry stuff i find, antlers ,wild mushrooms etc.. also use it to carry my big country as its heavy @7 pounds.. Thanks folks..

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Eric, I have been following a thread elsewhere that the Vest "1 size fits all"interesting reviews however. Some say that the stiching on some of the pockets come loose, but Foxpro agreed to replace it. I would PM PossumAl, he has been testing one for a while, and could probably give you a decent opinion on the vest. Good luck.

#3 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Eric,My "NEW" Vest will be here in a few weeks, Fox Pro canceled the previous vest due to some bad craftsmenship & other problems.They have made some changes & its supposed to be alot better than the previous one.I posted up the problems I had with mine on another forum, took alot of heat in doing so, but it looks like FP was listening & will take care of the problem.I was prepared to live with the issues, until the front pockett tore loose the other day while hunting.I spoke with Possum Al via email yesterday & he put me in touch with the right people to get it taken care of. By mid day I got a call from "Jared" at Fox Pro he assured me everything I mentioned in my email to them had been taken care of & said the "New" vest's would be in 2 - 3 weeks & would be sent out as soon as they arive.They are sending a return shipping label with my new vest so I can send them my old one back to them.Jared asked me to give them my feedback when it arrives good or bad, they're really wanting to make this work.Top Notch customer service in my book.As far as the pockett in the back, its a double zippered pockett, not a pass through game pouch.They say its for your decoy, but I found that the decoy kept pushing on my kidney's & now use it for hauling the stake for my decoy along with a ziplock bag with maps & spare reeds for my calls.You can propably haul what you want in it as needed though. A large antler shed might not fit though. I don't know if your call will fit in either the call pockett or the rear pockett.Give it a few weeks til the new one's hit the shelves & see how they do.I'll post up my findings when mine gets here.Lee

#4 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

I am about to recontruct my old vest with a piece of cotton duct tape. That will keep me busy until the verdict is out on the new ones.

#5 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

I am thinking of trying this one..Attached File  7.jpg   16.6KB   6 downloads

#6 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

That vest actually looks pretty well put together.Lee

#7 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

Its made by Filson, Very pricy @ 185.00 . My wife caught me looking at it and it might appear under the tree. :lol: I pays to get out a needle and thread and try to sew your old one back together in front of her.

#8 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Good luck with Santa and the vest!

#9 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

I am about to recontruct my old vest with a piece of cotton duct tape. That will keep me busy until the verdict is out on the new ones.

Theres that great saying...If you can't duck it... Duct tape.... A real men's thread! :lol:

#10 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Filson makes some great stuff. I inherited my grandpas Filson field jacket and love it. I just hope that someday I have a lady that will look over my shoulder and get me some things off my wish list!!

#11 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

You can't go wrong with Filson. I know the stuff is expensive but it holds up to the abuse. My upland vest has over 20 years of hard use and except for the orange fading a bit looks like it will go for the rest of my hunting days. I've got many other hunting clothes from them including a great waterfowler hat that has 25+ years on it. My only problem with Filson stuff is it lasts so long it tends to shrink in the closet. I need it to grow larger. ;) :D

#12 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

I have an old tin coat and pants that I used to wear. Very tough. I also have a packer coat . Very good u.s.a. made products. I think they get 185.00 for the vest , But I am on my 3rd 100.00 turkey vest , so I think the Filson is a bargain!.

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Where have you been dale I didn't think you visted the site anymore :drinks:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users