• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce_559

Bruce_559

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:To many to list just ask but to name a few quads, fishing, snowboarding, saltwater fish tanks, trucks, streetbikes (gsxr) and also hogs.......

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Any one ever mount a Go Pro camera to their gun? Just got one and am thinking about doing a video of a hunt. If u have tell me a little about it... did it turn out well or was it blurry? Just curious and if u have feel free to post up a link if u dont mind sharing.

#2 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Check this out and it's YouTube video.http://www.californi...showtopic=25003

#3 Bruce_559

Bruce_559

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:To many to list just ask but to name a few quads, fishing, snowboarding, saltwater fish tanks, trucks, streetbikes (gsxr) and also hogs.......

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Thanks that was a cool video.

#4 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

The problem I see with the Go Pro is that it has too much of a "fish eye" lens. I almost didn't see the coyote and the back and forth movement almost made me sea sick. I have an older camcorder that uses the mini dv cassette tapes. It works great but you have to keep it close to the gun so you can manipulate the controls like zooming in, etc... The only complaint I really have with the old camcorder is that I don't know if there is a way to upload it to a PC so the videos can be shared with others. There are better systems out there but I'm not buying an updated camcorder for now.

#5 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Here is another option to the GoPro that seems to get good reviews. Contour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users