5 replies to this topic

#1 Full Clip

Full Clip

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

Met some guys from Excel Industries at a gun show in Costa Mesa this past weekend and was impressed by their rifles. Anyone have any thoughts? Excel ArmsThey had very good weight and balance ??small but very solid. Expensive, but not as much as a Volquartsen...US-made, but proprietary design ? even make their own magazines...

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:22 PM

Have not heard very good reviews on them. RFC has discussed them at length. They're pretty but no first hand experience. Hard to beat the VQ in Rimfire, I own three and they are scarey accurate plus reliable. When I get into a field of dumb (never shot at) ground squirrels, I can cause some havoc in a hurry with 10 full clips.

#3 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

Good looking rifle...frill free!! I look forward to any updates? :angry:

#4 MeatVapor

MeatVapor

Squirrel Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Killing fuzzy critters.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

I have the accelerator rifle. I have sent it back several times for feeding issues. Its a cool gun, gets alot of oohs and ahhs, but it feeds like dog poop, the magazines are too expensive, and having to pay for shipping sucks after the 2nd time back to the factory.I also bought a Henry 17 HMR lever gun. I love it. Awesome accuracy.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,667 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

Once you go AR you never go back! :angry:

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

I went to my local gun shop to B.S and look around I asked for the excel 17hmr rifle.The first thing out of his mouth they have feeding problems ....... :blink: they are honest people thats why I like them. He has sent 2 back to the factory .The company said you have too shoot it 300 times to break it in. I held it for awhile I liked the fluted Barrel looks nice. We joked its the poor mans semi auto compared to the VQ......I was eye balling the kimber 1911 they are nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users