• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Bowhunting, Upland birds with my Labs and Shooting...

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Anyone seen, tasted, touched one yet? ;) Can't find much on it yet other than from Hornady and a lil on Savage...http://www.hornady.c...tore/17-Hornet/Going to need a T/C barrel in this... :)

Attached Files

#2 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

Serious looking lil round...

Attached Files

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

I was already in the parts gathering stage of building a 17 Ackley Hornet. but when I saw the anouncement for the 17 Hornaday Hornet Ive kind of put it on hold till factory ammo and reloading suplys are available. the 17 Hornet has been a popular wildcat for many years. dies have been available through several makers. but have always been expencive. with factory ammo, guns, and reloading suplies, the price should drop. Im betting this wont be on shelfs for another year tho. gun manufactures seem to anounce things way ahead of actual production to get a feel for how well it will be recived. just look at the recent release of Hornadays Zombie Max ammo. every gun store Ive talked to about it has said that they could sell every box they could get. but Hornaday hasnt shipped any yet. and this is just a new package for their existing ammo. as soon as I have factory ammo and a chambering reamer in my hand tho Ill be shooting one. DR

#4 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

I was already in the parts gathering stage of building a 17 Ackley Hornet. but when I saw the anouncement for the 17 Hornaday Hornet Ive kind of put it on hold till factory ammo and reloading suplys are available. the 17 Hornet has been a popular wildcat for many years. dies have been available through several makers. but have always been expencive. with factory ammo, guns, and reloading suplies, the price should drop. Im betting this wont be on shelfs for another year tho. gun manufactures seem to anounce things way ahead of actual production to get a feel for how well it will be recived. just look at the recent release of Hornadays Zombie Max ammo. every gun store Ive talked to about it has said that they could sell every box they could get. but Hornaday hasnt shipped any yet. and this is just a new package for their existing ammo. as soon as I have factory ammo and a chambering reamer in my hand tho Ill be shooting one. DR

Oh, I know dang it... :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#5 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Good news is T/C will probably one of the first to chamber for this. it will be an easy barrel for them to make. DR

#6 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

For the Contender or for their bolt actions?

#7 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Encore!

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

any of their break actions are easy to produce. no feed or magasine problems, and the hornet extractor that they already make will do double duty. Im not shure if they make a bolt gun in hornet but if they do, it would be an easy change also. if you really want one drop them an email. intrest is what drives these desisions. DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users