• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

When down today and put 3 stripped lowers in the pokey, they are scheduled to be free on the 27th, shop is closed on the 26th. Looks like I have to decide on what I what for uppers.

#2 Bruce_559

Bruce_559

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:To many to list just ask but to name a few quads, fishing, snowboarding, saltwater fish tanks, trucks, streetbikes (gsxr) and also hogs.......

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Whats lowers did u buy? Is this going to be a varmint gun or plinker? ANy more info on what u want with the rifle like bore size barrel length?

#3 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

I brought CMMG lowers, one will either go on the Fulton upper in 223 that I have on a Spikes lower, or on the D-Tech 25 WSSM that I have ordered. One is a build for the Wife, so she can hunt coyotes and squirrels, I kind of leaning toward a heavier cal. for the third really haven't decided, may order another from D-Tech.

#4 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

I was just in the safe last night and found an Aero Precision lower that I forgot that I had. I bought a four pack earlier in the year and gave some to the kids to build rifles on.

#5 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

My wife just stated that she wants the 6.5 Grendel, so one of the lowers is consigned.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Nice to know that I'm not the only one buying lowers this month. I was at the Del Mar gun show today and bought 3 JD lowers. One of them for the larger calibers. I have no plans yet on what to build first.

#7 Bruce_559

Bruce_559

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:To many to list just ask but to name a few quads, fishing, snowboarding, saltwater fish tanks, trucks, streetbikes (gsxr) and also hogs.......

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

I am in the market for a lower, I was looking at the surplus ammo grim reaper lower but they wont ship to california. Have u used the cmmg lowers before or is this your first time? How did u like your spikes? Are u getting rid of it because of problems or just because u wanted something new? I was thinking about the bushmaster predator upper. surplus ammo had it on sale earlier this month. Thanks for all your input....

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Bruce, I'm not getting rid of the Spike lower, just getting ready to build more guns. The Spike is working pretty good, very little slop between the upper and lower. These CMMG's are the first ones that I've brought, going to use one on either the 223 Fulton upper I have or the D-Tech in 25 WSSM that I have ordered. Will be building one of the lowers for my Wife, she wants the 6.5 Grendel. I haven't decided for to use the third one for. I brought this at Central Valley Guns, Selma

#9 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

almost all the lowers I have used seen and or played with seem to be pretty good.I do not like the LRB lowers the fit and finish on them looks way cheap for me.I have built rifles on prob a dozen different makes and so far that LRB seems to be the one I dont like.

#10 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Got my babies out of jail today, need to start thinking about my lower parts kits.

#11 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

most of your lower parts kits are the same except for the triggers I use a different trigger most of the time so now I just buy 3 or 4 of each part in the kit and dont buy the triggers so saves me money in the end.I rarely use the grip also so that saves me also.

#12 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:54 AM

the best complete parts kit is the the Spike's enhanced parts kit. I know it is pricey but worth every penny in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users