#1 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Well my gift cards came in the mail today to cabelas. Super excited! I can get the wildfire now.NOPE! backordered..... Bummer! Logged on to cabelas all getty like a 6 year old school girl, to have my day crushed by the BO hammer! Looks Like Ill get it after xmas.... Oh well, ill be counting the days! Carlos

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Just get the firestorm instead.

#3 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

Id love to, especially with the $50 cash back. But its still $100+ more than I have to spend. Trust me I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't :lame: Still bummed Carlos

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

The extra $120 is definately worth it, I would use your hand calls for another month or 2 and save the money for the better caller.

#5 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

After a long look and some solid advice from some members here, I've decided to wait and go with the Firestorm. Features galore, and I think the biggest seller alone to me is twice the battery hold as the wildfire. 4 AA batteries doesn't seem enough to me. Especially if one ever decides to hook an external speaker up to it. Not that I will but..... Anyway thanks again for the advice! This forum is a god send to guys like me! Carlos

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Carlos, some, if not all of the 4 battery callers will last MUCH (3 or 4 times(?) longer than the ones with 8 batteries. This is the case amongst friends & I, with our different e calls.In other words, IF, battery life is your primary reason, as you state, for going with the firestorm, you will likely be sorely dissapointed.

#7 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

I got ahead of myself, its the dual speakers and the few extra features along with an expanded battery hold. I figured the louder the quicker the drain. I don't plan on using both speakers most of the time. It'll be nice having them when needed though. Thanks frank! I plan on having an extra pack and car charger JIC! Ordering on Friday. Id really like one with the dual speakers....

#8 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

Yes, I am sure the Firestorm is an excellent call indeed. And yes, ALWAYS have LOTS of spare, NEW batteries. My friends have had to change them a number of times on their fx 3 & 5's, right in the middle of a stand, which is of course irritating. LOL You did good :rolleyes: p.s. in cold weather, the very (maybe too) expensive Lithium batteries help. Not sure if they are worth the price over Duracell... even though I often use them.

#9 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

I agree with Frank. I had a 416B that used four batteries and they lasted a loooong time. The FX3 that I am using now is much harder on battery life. In fact it is back at the factory now because it ate batteries so fast the last time I had it out. Plus, I have never used both speakers.

#10 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hey Rimrock,The 416 was one of the best calls made by Foxpro. I've talked to more than one of their Reps about it, and 2 of them told me the only reason they discountinued it was because it was getting too expensive to make. The parts were of "high quality". What does that tell us? LOL No "better" models for me... in spite of friends trying to get me to buy one. LOL

#11 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

I have a 416B with the TX5-LR remote, and while I don't use it alot, I'm sure the batteries are 2 to 3 years old. They advertise 700 yard range on the remote. I've probably never had it much past 50 yards. Makes me wonder how far it will really reach.

#12 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

E callers are kinda like scopes.. Buy once, cry once.. Ok Ive had 3... but Im a crybaby anyway...I Can miss the ones I call in with the fury the same way I have with the 416 and the FX5 ! In fact I missed a double this mornin... Both of em! And, no Frank.. I didnt have the Remmy... :rolleyes:
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#13 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

Yea Ornery, it doesn't really matter if your holding the remote to a $500 e caller or a $10 hand call when you miss does it. Glad you have sense of humor about it.

#14 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

E callers are kinda like scopes.. Buy once, cry once.. Ok Ive had 3... but Im a crybaby anyway...I Can miss the ones I call in with the fury the same way I have with the 416 and the FX5 ! In fact I missed a double this mornin... Both of em! And, no Frank.. I didnt have the Remmy... :rolleyes:

I'm hoping not to to cry at all. After hearing your fury, I had to get one (a foxpro) I don't want to be stuck wishing I had a louder one with more features. At 600 for the fury, I'd never go that high. I'd buy a new rifle before that. So at 420 the firestorm seems about perfect. A double miss? Damn! How far was the shot?

#15 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Carlos the first shot was at about 150 or so due to the fact that they were heading right for my scent cone. I rushed the shot.. you know, jerk instaed of squeeze? LOL Next shot was at the one farther back it was a running, "hope and pray kinda shot" But I should have had the first one.. maybe a little less coffee next time.. lol
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#16 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Boy, Grant, that is probably one of the most frustrating things for me, missing an easy shot that we should have made. ESPECIALLY, if rushing a shot when we didn't need to. Those always drive me crazy & haunts me until I slay one. UGH!!On the other hand... you would have probably been cool, calm & collected knowing your holding a bad azz REMMY. Probably! :rolleyes:

#17 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Lmaoo Frank.. Im gonna start playing with the remmy again.. I have plenty of powders and boolits for it, just need to get my mind wrapped around it again.. thanks fer goin easy on me.. :rolleyes:

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Do we rush a shot or like to raise our heads to bask in the glory of the shot we just missed. :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#19 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Good point John.. I was prolly looking to see where the other was goin before I made the shot... "counting them chickens still in the eggs" :rolleyes:

#20 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Just buy from ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=wild+fire+fox+pro&_sacat=See-All-Categories http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=fury++fox+pro&_sacat=0&_odkw=wild+fire+fox+pro&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users