9 replies to this topic

#1 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

Christmas came early for me this year fellas. I have always like the .22 mag cartridge and was wanting an autoloader for a long time. They just did not seem to have good success with them. I have been reading up on the Kel-Tec PMR30 for awhile now. I reckon that '30' is for the two 30 round magazines :good: Anyhow, I have been 'patiently' waiting for the Ft Bragg gun store to open and yesterday was the day. I was about 8th in line. It seemed like most were looking for large caliber handguns, but ya never know; I couldn't take any chances :lol: At any rate, after an end around run... :smiley_kewlpics: I was first to ask for the PMR and I asked if they had several on hand...she said there are only two. I said I'll taked the boxed one and the guy next to me took the one in my hand. They were gone that quick and have been very hard to come by from what I have read and been told by area gun shops. And here she is. Can't wait to fire some up tomorrow...Merry Christmas to me. When I saw the red and green 'ornaments' on top of the barrel; I just knew I was meant to have an early Christmas ;) Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:47 AM

I have always like the .22 mag cartridge and was wanting an autoloader for a long time. They just did not seem to have good success with them.

Yep, me too, Mike (on wanting/liking 22 mag auto pistols), & have always heard the same thing about their not so good a success (back then / Auto Mag Co). So am glad to hear of your great opportunity & fortune of obtaining a good looking one.You're obviously living right with a nice & early Christmas present. Good for you! :smiley_kewlpics: Frank

#3 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Yup Frank...Being good :good: all year long finally pays some dividends :smiley_kewlpics:

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Too bad you can't have the version listed in this article. However, a full-auto .22 mag would be WAY too expensive. If you click on the video in the link provided, you can see him shoot it toward the end of the video.http://www.gunblast....elTec-PMR30.htm

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,178 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Nice Mike! I shoot .22mgs in my Ruger SIngle Six but would like one of those. Unfortunately I think California would have a problem with the capacity. Let us know how it handles as you get used to it.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Yea, I had seen that Bisely. Cool video, but no application for me and like you say...$$$. I ran two clips yesterday John and it is very nice. Smooth as butter without even a hiccup of a problem. I loaded up one clip of 25 Federal game Shok 50 grainers and another clip of 25 CCI Maxi's. I'm not a very good pistol shot, but did OK as I hit 'something' down range every time I pulled the trigger :yikes[1]: Mostly I shot at 10 yards to actually get an idea of using it as a carry gun. It did very well. Them sights align up quickly and are highly visible. I got a little .38 Chief Special I carry, but I wouldn't want to get hit by a double fistfull of 50gr Hi-Shoks either. Two full clips is about enough ammo for a small scale fire fight :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Carrying two extra clips and OMG...That would be my "Going to Fayetteville" shooter. They used to call it Fayettenam, but it is now affectionately referred to as Fayettestan of course. GI humor is alive and well around Ft Bragg. One thing for sure...I'm glad I picked this thing up while I had the chance B)

#7 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Cool looking pistol! Congrats on an early Christmas!
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Sure hope you continue to enjoy it. It does look like more fun than a midget playing with a barrel full of monkeys (and that's a lot of fun). The .22mag is one my safe will never be without again for sure. And that pistol just has "Rabbit Gun" written all over it :smiley_kewlpics: Posted Image

#9 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

And that pistol just has "Rabbit Gun" written all over it :D

:lol: B) :lol: Good one Bisely!One of my favorite rabbit shooters was my .22 Remington Nylon 66. Man that was fun and it's surprising how good you can quickly get shooting running bunnies with a semi auto :smiley_kewlpics:

#10 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

Great looking shooting iron there