5 replies to this topic

#1 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:31 PM

I have been field testing the electronic coaxer from FoxPro for over a year now and it is a permanent part of my rodent shooting gear. The loud squeaks are great for making ground squirrels pop up to see what the racket is all about.The coaxer was mainly designed for predator calling, especially when using a mouth call. You can simply place the coaxer away from your location in the random mode and it will squeak randomly between silent pauses.....when a critter approaches, you can quit calling and let the coaxer bring em in close with attention focused away from you.Advertised to last 50 hours continuously on one 9 volt battery, the unit will run for months in the random mode thereby allowing trappers to use it with their sets.When Randy Anderson was playing with the coaxer at his house, he looked up and saw a bobcat sneaking his way......now the coaxer is part of his regular calling gear.Retails for $35.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,658 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

I wondered why someone hadn't made something like that. There goes another idea down the drain! <_<

#3 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:21 PM

Bill,Is that a Marlin 917 you have there? If so . . . is it a pre T900 trigger?What brand of ammo does your Marlin prefer? Mine prefers Remington.Steve (Mr. Mister) just snagged himself a Marlin as well. Marlin mania seems to be spreading rapidly . . . Here is a picture of mine . . . Mr. Mister has given it a name and from hence forth it shall it be known as: The Skunk. It sent many GS units to the great pasture in the sky last April at the Cedarville shoot. MOST amusing air time for a rimfire! <_< Oh . . . Nice shoot'n too Bill! :huh: Where can you get one of the coaxer's? Directly from FoxPro?Kevin G.Posted Image

#4 Bill D.

Bill D.

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

Kevin - Yep, it is a Marlin. Not sure which trigger it has but it is bad but I am used to bad triggers. Rifle is a couple years old and a tack driver with the V-Max in the Hornady and CCI version. Also, it likes the CCI 20 gr. Game Point. Mine shot the Remington stuff OK but not as good as Hornady......I am glad because I have never seen a decent price on the Rem. ammo. In the picture, it has a Leo 12X but I recently mounted a Leo silver 4 x 12 Vari-X II so I would have the option of low power in case I used it for calling.I would just call FoxPro's toll free number and order a coaxer with a credit card. Mike Dillion was taking orders last week and supposed to be shipping them out this week. I used to use an open reed call with high pitch squeaks to make the squirrels come up.......now it is so nice to just grab the coaxer and hit the switch.

#5 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

Is the coaxer sound available for download on a regular Foxpro unit or do you have to purchase the coaxer unit seperately?

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,658 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

Ben, that little coaxer was originally built for trappers to use with their traps from what I was told today. It's just a little hand held unit. But I would think the sounds are in their FoxPro library. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users