Photo

Where's the best place to get a Buddy Bottle?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hi all you Air Gunners out in CPC Land! After the issue I had with my Benjamin Hand Pump I started thinking about getting a Buddy, Pigmy, Travel size bottle. I know it won't hold as much as a big/standard size carbon fiber bottle, but it will fit inside a backpac, right? That would make if convenient to take along on hunts and if the hunting is good, then I'd have plenty of shots. I'll still use the Hand Pump (for as long as it doesn't make me want to throw it across the yard) for most filling, but would take the small bottle when going on long hunts or all day hunts. I know the one to get would be a 4500 PSI bottle, but I want to get the best bottle for the price. I won't be getting it right away (especially since I just bought the .25 Marauder :D ) but I'd like to plan ahead, be well educated and have a plan of attack for purchasing the item when the time comes. That way there's no question as to what I want to get. Anybody know of any great deals?

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Joe has great references from me and mnay others.http://www.airtanksforsale.com/

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Those look real nice, but wow! Those buggers are sure pricey. That's basically what it costs for a Marauder Pistol. :D

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I dont know if you saw my post on the Shoebox compressor but that is great if you use a lot of air or dont have an access close by or just want to be independent.I have the 4500 psi version.http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

I forgot about those. Those are nice. How much total investment does it take to get that, the hoses and the additional pump?

#6 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

The compressor is $550 but the hose/gauge assembly from your tank would be used to fill the tank.

#7 rws fan

rws fan

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My kids, shootin' stuff, hunting, hiking, scenic beaches, weather, running, imported beer, science, technology, fast cars, fast women, guns etc.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

If you keep your eye open on the yellow classified they can be had for about $300..they meaning Joe B. guppy tanks with hose

#8 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

Ok. I do want to get one, but I'm definitely going to have to wait. I've spent way too much money the past 2 months on this hobby and I need to reel it in before it's totally out of control. I think I'll wait until 3 to 4 months from not to see if I can handle getting some of these items. Thanks for all the information.

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

I bought two used 2007 44 cu ft 4500 psi SCBA Tanks for $200 each from the GTA forum.

#10 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

I got my 88 cubic foot tank from PAG PAG

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

You might contact your local fire department. I got a few bottles for free and they still have time left on the hydros they are not the prettiest.

#12 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

How should I go about doing that? I guess what I mean is, how do I go about asking and what is the best way to inquire about getting the bottles when they are available. I don't want my local fire fighters to think I some kind of crazy guy :two-cents: .

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

I knew several fire personnel through work. But I would stop at a local station and talk to someone and see if they can't point you to the people that handle issuing or purchasing equipment. Then find out the process they use to determine when equipment is to be retired or replaced and what they do with them. I wouldn't have any trouble telling them what they will be used for. But you will have to get the proper adapters for filling and use once you get one. I had a stack to pick through and got the nicest ones I could get with readable labels.

#14 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Before my Shoebox the local firehouse was filling mine and they are still my backup. My tanks came from the forest service firefighters in CA. They bulk sold them even though the 15 year tanks were only 3 years old and some airgunner bought the entire lot of 100 of them really cheap and resold them to us. Free like John says sounds really good though.The chief agreed to fill them at his three stations for me and I got one guy interested in airguns. I would bring them Kripsy Kreme donuts once in a while to grease the wheel so to speak. The only problem is those firemen love to talk and I sometimes got stuck there for an hour or so on fills. Great folks.Joe has the adapters you will need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users