• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

I went down yesterday to MAC1 and picked up my Benjamen 392 .22cal pellet rifle that I ordered last Spring. I had Tim give it it the Steroid treatment, a tune, and groove the reciever so I could mount a scope on it. I bought a Leapers 6x32 bug buster with a mil dot reticle and mounted it on the rifle. We did a rough sight in right there at Tims shop but I'm hoping to do a full sight in and see what kind of velocity and what pellet it likes to shoot in the backyard today. The pic's not the greatest but you'll get the idea.Attached File  392.JPG   29.41KB   5 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

That's a nice gun Mike. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

I've seen those on the GTA. A few guys have them and have scored quite a few squirrels and other critter with them easily. I think you are going to like it alot. :signs1180lq:

#4 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Thanks, John and ARH. Yeh I've been wanting to add one of these to my collection ever since I read about Tim's tricked out 392's in an Airgun book about 7 years ago. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I put a few rounds through it in the back yard today (3 actually) and had to stop because it was too noisey and I thought it might raise a few eyebrows with the neighbors. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I guess she's not a backyard shooter and I will have to wait till I can get to the range or out of town to really dial her in and chrony her. I do love the compact size, light weight, and ballance of her though.

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

That's too bad about the loud report of the gun. I wouldn't have thought it would be that loud. Guess I was sorely mistaken :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: .

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Yeah Mike, that BLAP they make is pretty loud. There's no real way to quiet them down unfortunately.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users