#31 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

Glad to hear he is willing to look at it and get it fixed.

Me too John. He is a good smith. As a matter of fact I am liking him better all the time! That is why I refuse to bad mouth him. I may be a little dumb, but know when to keep my mouth shut. We have been talking back and forth and I told Him I tried to slide a dollar bill under the barrel and it would not fit. That is when he said send it back, there is definitely a problem. He said his recommended torque on the action screws was 50 inch lbs. I told him the truth, and told him well then I over torqued them, because I torqued them to 65 inch lbs. He could have laid the blame on me right there but he did not. He said that should not make a difference. Seems like he is a pretty Straight Up guy to me. Also I want every one to know that his rifle has been setting in a safe for a long time and I am not the person who won it. So the fact that he is working on it with me means a lot.Bottom line is I just want it fixed even if I have to pay a little. The rifle is worthless as it is right now. To light to even make a good club. LOL
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#32 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Glad he's going to look it over. I'm curious what the cause is.

#33 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

so any news on the rifle yet. :smiley_green_with_envy:

#34 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

also ask him if its a factory chamber or a match chamber could just be the ammo is not contacting the lands just right. or not offsetting them.

#35 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

It's been a couple weeks and I was just wondering if you had heard anything or finally got it figured out?

#36 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

I am saving money for some High end glass. I have talked to the smith several times and other people that have one of his rifles. I am sure that this rifle is breaking the scopes now. I will let you all know as soon as I can afford too. Christmas time is a bad time for me to be buying my self a high end scope. I am broke right now. LOL
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#37 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:42 AM

One inexpensive way, would be to take it to a competent gunsmith to check out the barrel. They may not find anything even if there is a problem but it can't hurt, & again, "should" be relatively inexpensive. What Frank said. I would also look at the scope mounts, but I would think that the smith has enough sence to put quality low profile mounts on it.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#38 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

I am saving money for some High end glass. I have talked to the smith several times and other people that have one of his rifles. I am sure that this rifle is breaking the scopes now. I will let you all know as soon as I can afford too. Christmas time is a bad time for me to be buying my self a high end scope. I am broke right now. LOL

I hear you on the money and Christmas thing!!! Sounds kind of silly when I say it, but I hope it is just a glass problem, as that would be about as simple a fix as possible, even if it's not the cheapest. Best of luck. It was just in the back of my mind the other day and curiosity got the better of me.

#39 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

I would be surprised that is was the scope. If its kicking that hard you dont want it anyway. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users