#1 Lang

Lang

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Trucks,Firearms,Computers,Doberman Pinchers

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

Turners has a sale on a Savage 93R17FV in .17 HMR. Opinions pro or con, thanks.

#2 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

I have one with Laminated Thumbhole stock. Not sure about the FV model. I'm pretty sure it's the same rifle but in different stock. I tried different brand of ammo and the rifle exhibited good accuracy.Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#3 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

If it has savage on it i would keep looking.

#4 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

If it has savage on it i would keep looking.

Yep, their stock guns are only beating some of the best custom rifles in the world at the world championships in F class and dominating every shooting competition that has a production rifle class.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#5 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

I just bought a ruger 7717 in stainless And love it. A real tack driver. I do like the 22 mag better for what I am doing, So I rebarreled it to 22 mag. with a Green Mountain fluted 22". It shoots a .30 3 shot hole @ 100 yds. But dont hesitate on Savage the shoot great!

#6 97bailee

97bailee

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

I really like them. I have a 204, 17, and 270 WSM all by Savage. The accutrigger is a great stock trigger that is adjustable. I feel they are all really accurate out of the box rifles.

#7 pthor

pthor

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Hunting-Fishing-Reloading-Traveling-Coin collecting

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Yep, their stock guns are only beating some of the best custom rifles in the world at the world championships in F class and dominating every shooting competition that has a production rifle class.

Absolutely ! A Savage right out of the box is as accurate as they come- add the realistic price and they are phenominal !

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with a Savage. I have the Predator in .223 and it was a shooter right out of the box.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#9 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Go for it. Savage makes a great shooting rifle. One of the best for out of the box accuracy. I have a 204 varmit and it shoots great. IF the one you are looking at has a scope it will not be a real high quality scope. That would be the only negetive thing I could say about it. But any of the manufactures that have a rifle/scope package is the same as far as not having a high quality scope.

#10 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

I own a Savage in 17 HMR and it is a real shooter. I've put thousands of rounds through it with no problems. It is lightweight and accurate. My brother got his at the same time I did. I was so impressed I purchased a 12FVSS Savage in 223 shortly after that and love that gun also.I can consistently outshoot guys that have spent much more than I did on their 17 HMRs. Don't let the price tag fool you, they make good rifles.

#11 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

for the buck you will not be dissapointed! i have one and my dads got two. one preaccutrigger and the other two are accutriggers. Accurate, fun, dependable, and very very reasonably priced!!! you will love it

#12 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Another happy multiple Savage owner. Model 116 in .30-06 and Model 10 in .223. Both shooter's right out of the box!
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#13 Lang

Lang

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Trucks,Firearms,Computers,Doberman Pinchers

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

So from all of your input, then its a good $249.99 + DROS and Tax well spent. Oh and no Optics.

#14 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

So from all of your input, then its a good $249.99 + DROS and Tax well spent. Oh and no Optics.

A new Savage is money well spent. Just ask the folks who keep winning national and international matches with bone stock model 12's
http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64check out my piece of the webHowa 1500, short action, 24" #6 contour heavy varmint barrel, Bell & Carlson MkII medalist, 4-16x50mm optics.

#15 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

I like mine. It has the grey thumbhole laminate stock and a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mil-dot. Posted Image

#16 butthead

butthead

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

I have a predator in 22-250. It loves every kind of ammo I throw at it. About the best bang for buck going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users