#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Got this off of another site and thought I would post for those that think coyotes only kill the weak. Watch the whole slide show. It will make a deer hunter sick. Hope it has not been posted already. I have been gone Elk hunting. Will post on that later.Coyote Taking down a deer

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Seems kinda funny a mature buck would just stay in one spot for that long.?

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Don't know anything about it. Got it off another site. Just looked at the pictures and posted them here.

#4 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

I dout the buck was just standing there. its wounds down its hind legs are where the coyotes have severed its tendons making it unable to run or jump. thats how they kill a larger animal. I would guess there were more than two involved. they suround and constantly circle an animal till one gets a chance to take out the tendon. once thats done its just a mater of time till the buck tired and was finaly killed. notice he was killed by opening the femoral artery. the hind legs at that point were least likely to strike out at the coyotes. altho Ive not seen it in person or till now even in pictures , I have seen many times how the yotes have circled for hours before finaly taking livestock. Ive also found several in bad condition . having not yet died but their hind legs had already been eaten. all you can do at that point is shoot them. this is why ranchers hate the coyotes. DR

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Im just thinking it might of been in too bad of shape to realy out run them to begin with. the first few wounds are not realy that bad. Im sure they did it. Just wondering . Hey somebody has to stick up for the coyotes. :smiley_green_with_envy: :good: :signgreatreport3kg:

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Ok this is what I think . Just two coyotes . Look at the deer still in velvet antlers are soft. Summer time and the two coyotes have pups to feed. They got some quick luky hits in. Bet the coyotes are a older pair that realy knows what they are doing. They ran the deer to death in one spot. Thats life . Better than some slob horn hunter blasting it and only taking the head. I think everyone here would take the whole deer not trying to start any thing. 99.999% of deer hunters are after the meat . Got to admit two very determind coyotes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users