3 replies to this topic

#1 PigHostile1

PigHostile1

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hi, I can't wait any longer so I'm have to open my mouth and words to the world. I just recently ordered me a Weatherby 270wsm. 44.5in long with walnut stock weighting at 7.7lbs bhhhaaaaaaa..................

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Congratulations on your new purchase. It will serve you well for a long time. The 270 wsm is a favorite of mine, & one that my oldest son also has. :good: Frank

#3 PigHostile1

PigHostile1

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Frank, Thank you on the comment, I will love the gun and hoping the performance is as good as weatherby says. Can you give me advise on the bullet and what type? brand? grain?..etcThanks,ML

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Well, depends on if you handload &/or if you are using lead free bullets for the buzzard zone.While I handload, neither I or my oldest son handloads for his rifle. So he is currently using Federal, factory ammo with the 110 gr TTSX Barnes lead free bullet at approx 3500 fps. This way he can use it for pretty much anything, anywhere, in or outside the Condor range.This round was also consistently more accurate than a few others we tested. One was a 130 or 140gr(?) something by Winchester, another was Federal with the 130gr tsx h.p. bullet. The Winchester plain sucked in his gun, & the 130 tsx was not quite as consistent nor near as high of velocity as the 110 gr. A 130gr ttsx may do well but we never tested it, due to the good, consistent accuracy & higher velocity of the 110 grainers.And yes, I believe you will love that caliber & rifle... Good Luck Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users